Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kansas Coliseum Sale
goalieguy87
post Oct 19 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #1

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,296

Interesting articles and tweets sent this morning from the Wichita Eagle, in regards to Johnny Stevens buying the Kansas Coliseum.

@debgruverDeb Gruver
Commissioners discussing Johnny Stevens' letter of intent regarding offer to buy Coliseum, first reported last week in Wichita Eagle.

@debgruverDeb Gruver
Commissioners approve Johnny Stevens' letter of intent to buy Coliseum.

Now I have no facts, sources, or even rumors about this, but am I the only one that could see the Stevens renovating the Coliseum, and sending the thunder back there for pure profit? 10,000 seat arena, the horn is still there. Make some bathroom, concourse, and seating renovations and you have a near 100% profit (minus your gameday workers and player salaries) But the way the Stevens think, I don't see this as being far fetched. I don't bring this up to start mass amounts of rumors but rather discussion about the possibility. I found this VERY interesting.

The Kansas.com Article states that he wants to lease it for aviation research.... Kansas.com

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gdogg6
post Oct 19 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

QUOTE (goalieguy87 @ Oct 19 2011, 01:47 PM) *
Interesting articles and tweets sent this morning from the Wichita Eagle, in regards to Johnny Stevens buying the Kansas Coliseum.

Now I have no facts, sources, or even rumors about this, but am I the only one that could see the Stevens renovating the Coliseum, and sending the thunder back there for pure profit? 10,000 seat arena, the horn is still there. Make some bathroom, concourse, and seating renovations and you have a near 100% profit (minus your gameday workers and player salaries) But the way the Stevens think, I don't see this as being far fetched. I don't bring this up to start mass amounts of rumors but rather discussion about the possibility. I found this VERY interesting.

The Kansas.com Article states that he wants to lease it for aviation research.... Kansas.com

I need to verify, but I think the Johnny Steven (no s) who purchased the Thunder with his two brothers is a different person than the Johnny Stevens who is looking into the Coliseum.

OUT

GDOGG

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

+Quote Post
Gdogg6
post Oct 19 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

Just read the letter....can't be the same person.

It is the Steven brothers that purchased the Thunder.

This guys name is Johnny Stevens.....one letter too much.

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

+Quote Post
goalieguy87
post Oct 19 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #4

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (Gdogg6 @ Oct 19 2011, 01:58 PM) *
I need to verify, but I think the Johnny Steven (no s) who purchased the Thunder with his two brothers is a different person than the Johnny Stevens who is looking into the Coliseum.

OUT

GDOGG

Gotcha, in that case my mistake.

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09

+Quote Post
Girthy
post Oct 19 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #5

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 118

http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/11/2058315/d...y-coliseum.html

Different deal for sure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:32 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com