Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wheelchair Hockey Game
ZIPPY
post Dec 12 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 625

The great tradition of the wheelchair hockey game is back! This year the game will be Tuesday February 21st at Magdalen Church/School at 7pm(Magdalen is on 21st just East of K-96). If you have been to the wheelchair game before you know how much fun it will be. If you haven't been, here is what's up. We(a group of wheelchair athletes from the Wichita area) put the Thunder players in wheelchairs and proceed to kick the crap out of them in a game of wheelchair hockey. Trust me, it is hilarious to see these big, tough, hockey players try to push wheelchairs around and play hockey. There will be a live play-by-play over the sound system, which is entertainment all by itself. Of course after the game we will have our usual live auction of the jerseys of all of the Thunder players, these jerseys will be GAME-WORN in the game against Missouri on the 19th and in the wheelchair game. Tickets for the game are just $5 for adults and kids 12 and under are free. All proceeds from the game and auction go to Wheelchair Sports Inc, WSI provides athletic opportunties to disabled individuals, both adult and youth. As we get closer to the game I'll post more reminders, but I wanted to let everyone know so they can mark their calendars!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guardian
post Dec 18 2011, 01:41 AM
Post #2

Winning is Thundamental

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

bump

+Quote Post
ZIPPY
post Feb 5 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #3

Veteran

Hey guys, don't forget the wheelchair game is coming up in just over two weeks, please see above post for all the details. We will be selling tickets for it at Thunder Home Games on Feb 11th, 14th, 17th, and 19th...we will be located by the Thunder Merchandise stand. In addition, check out this years jersey below!!!!!!! If you want to check out the jersey in person stop by our table at any of the games that we're selling tickets. This jersey will be game-worn on Sunday the 19th as well as in the wheelchair game and will be auctioned off live at the wheelchair game.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  WT_HKY_WCJ_11_1E.jpg ( 149.03K ) Number of downloads: 19

+Quote Post
ccm6700
post Feb 6 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #4

All Star Member

Member No.: 109
Ok im drunk... is there a problem with that occifer?

QUOTE (ZIPPY @ Feb 5 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Hey guys, don't forget the wheelchair game is coming up in just over two weeks, please see above post for all the details. We will be selling tickets for it at Thunder Home Games on Feb 11th, 14th, 17th, and 19th...we will be located by the Thunder Merchandise stand. In addition, check out this years jersey below!!!!!!! If you want to check out the jersey in person stop by our table at any of the games that we're selling tickets. This jersey will be game-worn on Sunday the 19th as well as in the wheelchair game and will be auctioned off live at the wheelchair game.

Those jerseys are sweet! Gonna have to get me one.

Hope you got Hobo stab insurance
"You gotta live for something,, or you'll die for nothing"
-HATEBREED-

+Quote Post
ZIPPY
post Feb 19 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #5

Veteran

Don't forget the AWESOME JERSEY worn tonight by the Thunder is the wheelchair Jersey!! It will be auctioned off Tuesday at the wheelchair game(see above posts for details). We will be next to the Thunder Merchandise Stand tonight selling tickets to the wheelchair game, so come get yours!!

+Quote Post
MOOSE 21
post Feb 20 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 604

hey ZIPPY will people be able to walkup and buy tickets at the game? and thank you very much for putting this on every year it really is great to watch

+Quote Post
ZIPPY
post Feb 20 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Veteran

QUOTE (MOOSE 21 @ Feb 20 2012, 10:33 PM) *
hey ZIPPY will people be able to walkup and buy tickets at the game? and thank you very much for putting this on every year it really is great to watch

Of course, we love having it and putting it on, it's an absolute blast! Yes, people can definitely buy tickets at the door for the same low price of $5. See everyone Tuesday night!!

+Quote Post
srt1
post Feb 21 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #8

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 68
Mood: subject to change
Only three shots short of a hat trick

What a great time, you guys never disappoint. It give the guys a chance to all be together and have a good time while helping a worthy cause. If you come to them, you know what I mean. If you don't come, you have no idea what entertainment you're missing. One glaring question though, where were Mac and Duda tonight?

+Quote Post
thunderfan4
post Feb 21 2012, 11:38 PM
Post #9

Season Ticket Holder

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,888
I'm just a small town girl living in a lonely world!

Mac couldn't care less about being out with us fans and community it seems like. Mac is a good coach but he's such a closed door to us. I won't complain as long as we win but its disappointing to hear they had something better to do than go to the wheelchair game. With that said... I missed it for a high school basketball game. dunce.gif Was it fun?

+Quote Post
tfr765
post Feb 22 2012, 07:22 AM
Post #10

Veteran

Member No.: 2,513

this was my first time attending the wheel chair game. planning on being at next years event. want to thank the thunder players, zippy and his fellow plunder team, it was a great night full of entertainment and fun. looking forward to attending many more of these events in the future. applause2.gif applause2.gif applause2.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Feb 22 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #11

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

QUOTE (thunderfan4 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:38 PM) *
Mac couldn't care less about being out with us fans and community it seems like. Mac is a good coach but he's such a closed door to us. I won't complain as long as we win but its disappointing to hear they had something better to do than go to the wheelchair game. With that said... I missed it for a high school basketball game. dunce.gif Was it fun?

I know both Mac and Duda have kids so i'm sure they wanted too get some family time in before they hit the road again.. can't blame them for that

+Quote Post
FlashBang
post Feb 22 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #12

All Star Member

Member No.: 275

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Feb 22 2012, 02:45 PM) *
I know both Mac and Duda have kids so i'm sure they wanted too get some family time in before they hit the road again.. can't blame them for that

Coach has also said that the boys need time away from him (and I'm sure he needs time away from them too!)
And not too long ago in one of the newspaper articles, he said that his time in the spotlight is over. Its all about the boys now. He doesn't want to take any of the spotlight away from them. Let him and Duda spend the time with their families before hitting the road again.

Hockey is where we live, life is just a place where we spend time between games.

+Quote Post
Gdogg6
post Feb 22 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #13

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

QUOTE (thunderfan4 @ Feb 22 2012, 12:38 AM) *

I can tell you for sure that Mac cares deeply about the fans. He wants to see this organization succeed and he has done a great job by turning it around! He has a family and is getting ready to leave over the next several weeks on several bus trips. That was a Thunder vs. Plunder event.....for the players and the fans. Pretty cool too, I had a good time. Mac was at the golf tournament, I have seen him at post game events from time to time, and I know he cares deeply about making Wichita a winner for the owners of this team and the fans! How long has it been since we've been able to say the Wichita Thunder is the best team in the league? Thanks to Kevin McClelland and the Steven brothers for making that happen!

OUT

GDOGG

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

+Quote Post
ZIPPY
post Feb 22 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #14

Veteran

I want to begin by thanking all of the great Thunder FANS who came and watched the game and bid on jerseys, your tremendous support is greatly appreciated!! Thanks to the Thunder Staff, Coaches, Players, and the Storm Booster Club for everything they did to make this event a huge success! I'd like to specifically thanks Church of the Magdalen for letting us utilize their facility, Dennis Mercer & George LaForce for their "entertaining" officiating, and Rick Berns for all the help setting up. I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed watching the game as much as we enjoyed playing in it!!

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Feb 22 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #15

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

QUOTE (Gdogg6 @ Feb 22 2012, 04:34 PM) *
I can tell you for sure that Mac cares deeply about the fans. He wants to see this organization succeed and he has done a great job by turning it around! He has a family and is getting ready to leave over the next several weeks on several bus trips. That was a Thunder vs. Plunder event.....for the players and the fans. Pretty cool too, I had a good time. Mac was at the golf tournament, I have seen him at post game events from time to time, and I know he cares deeply about making Wichita a winner for the owners of this team and the fans! How long has it been since we've been able to say the Wichita Thunder is the best team in the league? Thanks to Kevin McClelland and the Steven brothers for making that happen!

OUT

GDOGG

Agreed.. Hopefully Mac is our coach a long long time until he is ready to call it a career. You know every year with him running things the thunder will be a very strong contender for a championship. Do have to give kudos too the Steven brothers as well i know some thunder fans were kinda skeptical when they heard it was them taking over but they have done a great job of bringing fans in the door and allowing a great product to be put on the ice.. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they even make alil money this season

+Quote Post
jhweatherby
post Feb 22 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #16

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,471

I didnt see him. But was Lizon there?

+Quote Post
srt1
post Feb 22 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #17

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 68
Mood: subject to change
Only three shots short of a hat trick

QUOTE (jhweatherby @ Feb 22 2012, 11:17 PM) *
I didnt see him. But was Lizon there?

Yes he was but I think he only spent one shift in a chair.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 12:19 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com