> TGD: 2/19/12 Wichita vs. Missouri
ThunderClap
post Feb 18 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,037

Photobucket vs Photobucket 5:05pm (CST) @ Intrust Bank Arena

Saturday night, Wichita (34-13-2) took it to Missouri (27-17-4) beating then 4 - 1. The Mavericks were 1 for 8 on the powerplay with one of those being a 5 on 3 and another being a 6 on 3. The big talk before the game was Missouri's new "enforcer" McNaught. But that's all it was - talk.

Sunday the Mavericks come to town and they will want to beat us at home, like we did to them. The intensity of this game will be high causing tempers to flare. With that said, I expect to see a fight between either Lizon and McNaught or Donaghy and McNaught.

I say the Thunder win 3 - 1.

GO THUNDER!!!

"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you will come out of one hundred battles with one hundred victories." Sun Tzu - Art of War

"What's all the Hubbub - Bub?" - Droopy

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Feb 18 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #2

Bandwidth Hawg

Wichita
Missouri
Games Played
Team Record
34-13-2
27-17-4
Goals For
Goals Against
PP
18.7% (6)
19.6% (5)
PK
81.0% (10)
80.3% (12)
Home Record
21-5-0
13-10-2
Away Record
13-8-2
14-7-2
Record Vs. Opponent
5-1-0
1-4-1
Current Streak
3 Wins
2 Losses
As of: 19 Feb 12 @ 07:31

GO THUNDER!!!

"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you will come out of one hundred battles with one hundred victories." Sun Tzu - Art of War

+Quote Post
DropThePuck
post Feb 18 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #3

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!! Go KU!!

Member No.: 241

Ne one know of any discount or free tix for Sundays game?

User Posted Image

+Quote Post
Game Miss Conduc...
post Feb 18 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #4

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,090

There was the Credit Union of America buy-in. Good luck finding any of the vouchers between now and the game tomorrow. Looking forward to our Thunder beating the donkeys tomorrow night.

+Quote Post
CHEVYTRUCKNUT
post Feb 18 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #5

Hockey Fanatic

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Game Miss Conduct @ Feb 18 2012, 10:52 PM) *
There was the Credit Union of America buy-in. Good luck finding any of the vouchers between now and the game tomorrow. Looking forward to our Thunder beating the donkeys tomorrow night.

Tickets are gone

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Feb 19 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #6

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

any guesses on what the attendance will be for the game?.. i'm going to predict 11,000... I think the thunder will take this game 5-2 and hopefully a couple fights as well!

+Quote Post
goalieguy87
post Feb 19 2012, 03:02 AM
Post #7

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Feb 19 2012, 01:15 AM) *
any guesses on what the attendance will be for the game?.. i'm going to predict 11,000... I think the thunder will take this game 5-2 and hopefully a couple fights as well!

I expect the boys to finish this week out strong. They are on a real tear right now, and I don't see it letting up. A huge crowd would be awesome! Thunder win 4-2

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09

+Quote Post
Game Miss Conduc...
post Feb 19 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #8

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,090

My predictions so far have been way off, so I'll not guess. rolleyes.gif My biggest curiosity is who will be in goal.

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Feb 19 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #9

Bandwidth Hawg

My guess would be Russo. I have not seen any transactions either putting Hogan on IR or signing a new backup goalie (which I am grateful for). Hopefully this is a minor thing with Hogan that just needs a little rest.

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Feb 19 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #10

Bandwidth Hawg

Taking a look at the Turner Conference, and I saw that there is only one point separating 3rd and 5th place with Missouri holding onto the 3rd place. This game is very important to them. Let's show the Donkeys how we do things in our house!!!

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Feb 19 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Bandwidth Hawg

I for one vote that we never have a buy-in-night ever again.. seems like EVERY time we have a big crowd the boys play bad. The first 30 minutes of the game tonight was the worst i've seen us play all year seemed like they were just going through the motions. The last period we were back to playing thunder hockey but it was just too late sucks that they keep laying an egg in front of big crowds.

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Feb 19 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #12

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,612

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Feb 19 2012, 08:55 PM) *
I for one vote that we never have a buy-in-night ever again.. seems like EVERY time we have a big crowd the boys play bad. The first 30 minutes of the game tonight was the worst i've seen us play all year seemed like they were just going through the motions. The last period we were back to playing thunder hockey but it was just too late sucks that they keep laying an egg in front of big crowds.

It is not the buy in night itself, it is the games they choice to have the buy in nights at. Most of them are end of the week Sunday games when the boys are not ready to play. That is no excuse though... Four of six total points is not a bad week at all.

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post
markus15
post Feb 19 2012, 09:59 PM
Post #13

All Star Member

Member No.: 1,173

QUOTE (ilamb @ Feb 19 2012, 09:15 PM) *
It is not the buy in night itself, it is the games they choice to have the buy in nights at. Most of them are end of the week Sunday games when the boys are not ready to play. That is no excuse though... Four of six total points is not a bad week at all.

6 of 8pts. Tues game..

Markus

+Quote Post
deadbolt
post Feb 19 2012, 09:59 PM
Post #14

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 343

horrible game. I was joking with people around me that if we played like that every game they ought to re-name the team the wichita turnovers. Can't even count how many times tonight we turned over the puck.

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Feb 19 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #15

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,086

I'd like to meet the man that convinced the coaching staff that Miller could play top-pair minutes without being a liability, and congratulate him on being second only to the devil himself in terms of deception.

Unbelievable

So, this is what I get for trying to post from my phone. I'll just put this here.

Proud wave killer since 2012!

+Quote Post
puck
post Feb 19 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #16

All Star Member

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (tornadowarning33 @ Feb 19 2012, 11:26 PM) *
So, this is what I get for trying to post from my phone. I'll just put this here.

Sawyer played much worse than any of our D-men tonight. I know everyone has bad nights, but come on, he has several bad plays every game. It would not suprise me one bit if he is the d-man waived for the playoffs.

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Feb 19 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #17

Bandwidth Hawg

QUOTE (markus15 @ Feb 19 2012, 09:59 PM) *
6 of 8pts. Tues game..

Yeh it was still a very good week win 3 out of 4 all season long and you'll be in good shape just like we are.. Hopefully with another week of rest we'll see Bourret playing next weekend.

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Feb 19 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #18

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,086

QUOTE (puck @ Feb 19 2012, 10:31 PM) *
Sawyer played much worse than any of our D-men tonight. I know everyone has bad nights, but come on, he has several bad plays every game. It would not suprise me one bit if he is the d-man waived for the playoffs.

Sawyer wasn't on the top-pair tonight, Miller was. At least until the third period, when I'm not sure if he took a shift at all.

The fact that Sawyer is a Defenseman In Name Only, scraps when called upon to do so, and the fact that he looked pretty comfortable as a forward on the energy line makes me confident that he'll be around come playoff time.

Proud wave killer since 2012!

+Quote Post
ready2rumble
post Feb 19 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #19

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,271
Mood: Its Hockey Time!!!!
Season Ticket Holder
Section 116 Row N Seat 7
Im Loud, and Im Proud

Miller is gone when Tetsy comes back...

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Feb 19 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #20

Thunderholic

Member No.: 233
Mood: I WANT TO WIN!!!
Thunder fan since '92... and lovin' it!!!

QUOTE (ready2rumble @ Feb 20 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Miller is gone when Tetsy comes back...

For sure. He is horrible. I hate saying that about the kid, but it's true. He had the turnover that led to the 4th goal.

"I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger."
- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Feb 20 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #21

All Star Member

furious3.gif furious3.gif furious3.gif YEAH! IT WAS ALL MILLERS FAULT! furious3.gif Without MILLER we would be undefeated and he is also the reason why we only won nine games in the 09-10 season! MILLER! RAGE RAGE RAGE!@!@!!@!@! furious3.gif furious3.gif furious3.gif furious3.gif

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post
ready2rumble
post Feb 20 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #22

Bandwidth Hawg

Season Ticket Holder
Section 116 Row N Seat 7
Im Loud, and Im Proud

QUOTE (ilamb @ Feb 20 2012, 12:10 AM) *
furious3.gif furious3.gif furious3.gif YEAH! IT WAS ALL MILLERS FAULT! furious3.gif Without MILLER we would be undefeated and he is also the reason why we only won nine games in the 09-10 season! MILLER! RAGE RAGE RAGE!@!@!!@!@! furious3.gif furious3.gif furious3.gif furious3.gif

I hope you're just being dumb and drunk posting. God forbid we should want to fix what's wrong with the team....how dare we as fans want to win!! sarcasm.gif ! Horrible horrible people we are...

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Feb 20 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #23

Thunderholic

QUOTE (ilamb @ Feb 20 2012, 01:10 AM) *

Okay, what has he brought to the team that has made them better? Please tell us what he brings to the table. I'm not blaming him for the loss, but his play didn't help. Just because he's on the team doesn't make him a great player. Don't drink the kool-aid.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  koolaidman.jpg ( 30.87K ) Number of downloads: 0

- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
ready2rumble
post Feb 20 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #24

Bandwidth Hawg

Season Ticket Holder
Section 116 Row N Seat 7
Im Loud, and Im Proud

I think its too late for young Ian Lamb...he's already chasing the starship...RIP

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Feb 20 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #25

All Star Member

QUOTE (Thunderfan23 @ Feb 20 2012, 12:16 AM) *
Okay, what has he brought to the team that has made them better? Please tell us what he brings to the table. I'm not blaming him for the loss, but his play didn't help. Just because he's on the team doesn't make him a great player. Don't drink the kool-aid.

QUOTE (ready2rumble @ Feb 20 2012, 12:22 AM) *
I think its too late for young Ian Lamb...he's already chasing the starship...RIP

You know guys I get a little upset after each loss (like all fans) but trying to nitpick every wrong play is ridiculous. We have the best coaching staff in the league. McClelland and Duda have the experience and they have a plan to guide this GREAT team to a CHL Championship! That is what every fan and player wants right? A championship? To win a Championship you have to learn to win in all types of situations and you also have to get knocked down a couple of times right? The Thunder has got knocked down a couple of times this season and they gotten right back up! So losing this one regular season game won't slow them down one bit they will get right back up.

So before you guys come on the forum pointing fingers at the "one player" or "defining play" of the game that lost it for us remember IT WILL BE OK! McClelland is lucky in charge of all the roster moves and he will do what is best for the team!

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Feb 20 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #26

Thunderholic

QUOTE (ilamb @ Feb 20 2012, 01:54 AM) *
You know guys I get a little upset after each loss (like all fans) but trying to nitpick every wrong play is ridiculous. We have the best coaching staff in the league. McClelland and Duda have the experience and they have a plan to guide this GREAT team to a CHL Championship! That is what every fan and player wants right? A championship? To win a Championship you have to learn to win in all types of situations and you also have to get knocked down a couple of times right? The Thunder has got knocked down a couple of times this season and they gotten right back up! So losing this one regular season game won't slow them down one bit they will get right back up.

So before you guys come on the forum pointing fingers at the "one player" or "defining play" of the game that lost it for us remember IT WILL BE OK! McClelland is lucky in charge of all the roster moves and he will do what is best for the team!

Miller hasn't progressed from one game to another. He's a liability out there. He looks lost at times and doesn't use his size like he should. I'm not worried about anything. This team will be fine. Especially after they get healthy. He's not necessarily bringing the team's play down, but he brings nothing to the table.

- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
ready2rumble
post Feb 20 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #27

Bandwidth Hawg

Season Ticket Holder
Section 116 Row N Seat 7
Im Loud, and Im Proud

QUOTE (ilamb @ Feb 20 2012, 12:54 AM) *

Exactly my point when I said miller is out when Tetsy back. Are you Tylers brother or something? I sense some puck bunny starting to shine through...hmmm

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Feb 20 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #28

All Star Member

QUOTE (Thunderfan23 @ Feb 20 2012, 01:05 AM) *
Miller hasn't progressed from one game to another. He's a liability out there. He looks lost at times and doesn't use his size like he should. I'm not worried about anything. This team will be fine. Especially after they get healthy. He's not necessarily bringing the team's play down, but he brings nothing to the table.

Actually it is not that I do not agree with you about Miller but I will just let Coach make the decision to move him. If you remember for the first twelve games that Chris Chappell played almost everyone on this forum was CERTAIN that he was going to be the first one to go but he turned out to be a good player.

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post
ready2rumble
post Feb 20 2012, 01:16 AM
Post #29

Bandwidth Hawg

Season Ticket Holder
Section 116 Row N Seat 7
Im Loud, and Im Proud

QUOTE (ilamb @ Feb 20 2012, 01:12 AM) *
Actually it is not that I do not agree with you about Miller but I will just let Coach make the decision to move him. If you remember for the first twelve games that Chris Chappell played almost everyone on this forum was CERTAIN that he was going to be the first one to go but he turned out to be a good player.

While I agree with you about Chappelle, miller is another story. Chris sucked in the beginning but he still tried, Tyler hasn't, he pull up short on checks and is constantly out of position and turns the puck over alot! Nobody is trying to tell coach what to do but I can and voice my opinion on here, just as you can.

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Feb 20 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #30

All Star Member

QUOTE (ready2rumble @ Feb 20 2012, 01:07 AM) *
Exactly my point when I said miller is out when Tetsy back. Are you Tylers brother or something? I sense some puck bunny starting to shine through...hmmm

puckbunny.png Hey I am not trying to defend any player they can defend themselves. My point being is that Coach will decide to make the move if any. puckbunny.png

Anyway.. Did you here that Scott Darling got called up to the AHL?

Here is an action shot!

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 12:04 PM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com