> The magic number is...
ThunderClap
post Mar 14 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #31

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,037

QUOTE (HockeyBuddha @ Mar 14 2012, 07:13 AM) *
I was just looking at the standings and noticed that not only do we have more points than any other team, we've also played the least amount of games in the league.

Did you also notice that we are the only conference that has teams clinched in the playoffs?

GO THUNDER!!!

"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you will come out of one hundred battles with one hundred victories." Sun Tzu - Art of War

"What's all the Hubbub - Bub?" - Droopy

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HockeyBuddha
post Mar 14 2012, 07:55 AM
Post #32

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,665

QUOTE (ThunderClap @ Mar 14 2012, 07:51 AM) *
Did you also notice that we are the only conference that has teams clinched in the playoffs?

Yeah, that race for the last two spots in the Turner is keeping it pretty close up north.

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Mar 14 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #33

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (HockeyBuddha @ Mar 14 2012, 07:13 AM) *
I was just looking at the standings and noticed that not only do we have more points than any other team, we've also played the least amount of games in the league.

Unfortunately that also means we have the most grueling conclusion to the season. I'd love to see the team sweep this week then get a little help so the Governors cup is pretty much wrapped up before that last weekend.

It helps that this team has 2 goalies we're confident in so neither should be overworked come playoff time (unlike, say, Missouri or Rapid City) and is deep enough that if coach thinks someone is getting a little exhausted he can give them a few extra shifts off down the stretch.

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Mar 14 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #34

Bandwidth Hawg

QUOTE (rednuhtog @ Mar 14 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Unfortunately that also means we have the most grueling conclusion to the season. I'd love to see the team sweep this week then get a little help so the Governors cup is pretty much wrapped up before that last weekend.

It helps that this team has 2 goalies we're confident in so neither should be overworked come playoff time (unlike, say, Missouri or Rapid City) and is deep enough that if coach thinks someone is getting a little exhausted he can give them a few extra shifts off down the stretch.

If both Wichita and Evansville sweep this week/weekend, then Wichita will be up 4 games and 6 points. The last 4 games, Evansville has the easier schedule taking on #3 Missouri, #5 Quad City, #1 Wichita, #3 Texas. The only break Wichita gets is between games one and two (of the final 4 games). They get 3 days in between those games compared to 2 days with Evansville. In the last 4 games, Wichita takes on #3 Texas, #2 Allen, #1 Evansville and #2 Allen.

And I agree that a little from Missouri, Quad City and Texas would be nice!

GO THUNDER!!!

"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you will come out of one hundred battles with one hundred victories." Sun Tzu - Art of War

+Quote Post
Deej
post Mar 16 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #35

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 437
Thunder season ticket holder since '95-'96

Five to win the Berry, six to win the Governor's...

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Mar 16 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #36

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

QUOTE (Deej @ Mar 16 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Five to win the Berry, six to win the Governor's...

I think We'll have the Berry wrapped up after this weekend.. We SHOULD sweep the 2 games against Arizona and i think Texas will get atleast one game against Allen at home.. Might even have the governors wrapped up to if Rapid can win another against e-ville

+Quote Post
ThunderStick
post Mar 17 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #37

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 656

OK.......

After tonight's games......

IF Allen were to win the remainder of their games, they could reach 89 points.
If Evansville were to win the remainder of their games, they could reach 88 points (Thanks to the RUSH tonight)
If Fort Wayne were to win the remainder of their games, they could reach 89 points.

We currently have 87 points and own the first tie breaker over all three. In short. Our next win (hopefully tomorrow vs AZ) we win the regular season and home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

+Quote Post
FEELTHETHUNDER31
post Mar 18 2012, 08:57 AM
Post #38

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,084
Mood: Light'em UP
"The early bird may get the worm...........but the second mouse always gets the cheese!!"

QUOTE (ThunderStick @ Mar 17 2012, 09:50 PM) *
OK.......

After tonight's games......

IF Allen were to win the remainder of their games, they could reach 89 points.
If Evansville were to win the remainder of their games, they could reach 88 points (Thanks to the RUSH tonight)
If Fort Wayne were to win the remainder of their games, they could reach 89 points.

We currently have 87 points and own the first tie breaker over all three. In short. Our next win (hopefully tomorrow vs AZ) we win the regular season and home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

We do not have the tie breaker over Fort Wayne the first tie breaker is Wins excluding SO wins and we have 7 compared to their 2 so in the wins collum that would leave us at 36 wins and Fort Fun at 39 wins, if we win today and lose the rest and Fort Fun wins out then they win the regular season championship. Also if we win today and lose the rest and Allen wins out we would tie in the first tiebreaker and the 2nd tiebreaker is head to head and currently we are 3-2-0 and Allen is 2-1-2 and if they win out we would lose to them twice which would leave us at 3-4-0 to Allens record againist us at 4-1-2 which would give them the tie breaker.

I say that lets forget the numbers and win out the regular season like we are playing for our playoff lives and not get lazy
LETS GO THUNDER

P.S. if we win today we eliminate Evansville from the race for the Regular Season Championship...thought I would just throw that in there. nhl_checking.gif

"Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve."- Tom Landry

Fans in the stands who yell, "Your Boring Me". My response, "SHUT UP AND LEAVE THEN.

The Magority Guy

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Mar 18 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #39

Bandwidth Hawg

All we have to do is win 2 out of the last 5 to guarantee that we have it so i say the boys just do it that way instead of relying on who wins tie breakers.. With this team i would think winning 2 out of 5 is a pretty safe bet.

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Mar 18 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #40

Bandwidth Hawg

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Mar 18 2012, 10:00 AM) *
All we have to do is win 2 out of the last 5 to guarantee that we have it so i say the boys just do it that way instead of relying on who wins tie breakers.. With this team i would think winning 2 out of 5 is a pretty safe bet.

You would think that. But if they play the rest of the season like they played last night...I'm not so sure.

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Mar 18 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #41

Bandwidth Hawg

agreed last night was not pretty... I think it was just one of those nights where they were tired from the trip home and they kinda took Arizona lightly at first then once the 3rd period hit they woke up and finally started playing. I think today's game will be completely different story

+Quote Post
Deej
post Mar 18 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #42

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 437
Thunder season ticket holder since '95-'96

Magic number is ONE!

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 18 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #43

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,086

I guess Texas decided they didn't want to help us out this weekend. Oh, well. cool.gif

Proud wave killer since 2012!

+Quote Post
Netminder
post Mar 18 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #44

All Star Member

Member No.: 162

The cows could not help you out cause they ran into a team that is getting health and getting most of their guys back from call ups. I hope the Thunder win the Governor's Cup. the last 6 teams to win it all have lost in the playoffs and not take the big cup home. Have fun!!

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Mar 18 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #45

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,612

QUOTE (Netminder @ Mar 18 2012, 07:39 PM) *
The cows could not help you out cause they ran into a team that is getting health and getting most of their guys back from call ups. I hope the Thunder win the Governor's Cup. the last 6 teams to win it all have lost in the playoffs and not take the big cup home. Have fun!!

Or you can say that the only two times that the Thunder won the big cup is when they also won the regular season.

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post
thunderfan16
post Mar 18 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #46

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 334

QUOTE (ilamb @ Mar 18 2012, 08:32 PM) *
Or you can say that the only two times that the Thunder won the big cup is when they also won the regular season.

Very nice!

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Mar 19 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #47

Thunderholic

Member No.: 233
Mood: I WANT TO WIN!!!
Thunder fan since '92... and lovin' it!!!

QUOTE (ilamb @ Mar 18 2012, 09:32 PM) *

Attached File(s)
Attached File  true_story.jpeg ( 18.33K ) Number of downloads: 9

"I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger."
- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
Gdogg6
post Mar 19 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #48

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Netminder @ Mar 18 2012, 08:39 PM) *

Allen should have walked away with the Governor's cup with their weak schedule.

OUT

GDOGG

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

+Quote Post
BEANCHILD
post Mar 19 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #49

Rookie

Member No.: 4,770

Even if we lose the rest of our games and stay at 89 points and Allen and Fort Wayne win the rest of their games to reach 89 points we still have more regulation wins and will win any tiebreakers (maybe besides head to head record with Allen if we lose our last two against them).

We have already finished #1 in the league then, right?

+Quote Post
matt121
post Mar 19 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #50

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,365

QUOTE (BEANCHILD @ Mar 19 2012, 10:15 AM) *
Even if we lose the rest of our games and stay at 89 points and Allen and Fort Wayne win the rest of their games to reach 89 points we still have more regulation wins and will win any tiebreakers (maybe besides head to head record with Allen if we lose our last two against them).

Simply put, with the win last night, Wichita clinched a tie for both the Berry Conference regular season title and Governor's Cup. With 1 more point, Wichita would win both outright no matter what Fort Wayne and Allen does.

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Mar 19 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #51

Thunderholic

Member No.: 233
Mood: I WANT TO WIN!!!
Thunder fan since '92... and lovin' it!!!

QUOTE (Gdogg6 @ Mar 19 2012, 10:04 AM) *
Allen should have walked away with the Governor's cup with their weak schedule.

OUT

GDOGG

"I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger."
- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Mar 19 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #52

Bandwidth Hawg

rofl.gif

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
FEELTHETHUNDER31
post Mar 19 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #53

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,084
Mood: Light'em UP
"The early bird may get the worm...........but the second mouse always gets the cheese!!"

QUOTE (BEANCHILD @ Mar 19 2012, 10:15 AM) *

If you read my post above we do not have the tiebreakers over Allen or Fort Wayne
Allen: we tie in the first tie breaker which is most wins excluding Shootout wins and if they win out and we lose out they would have the head to head tiebreaker which would make them Berry Champs
Fort Wayne: simply they have the tiebreaker cuz they have more wins excluding Shootout Wins
Wichita:7 SO wins
Fort Wayne: 2 SO wins
Allen: 3 SO wins

Head to Head with Allen if we lose out and they win out
Wichita: 3-4-0
Allen: 4-1-2

We need one point to eliminate all this nonsense

"Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve."- Tom Landry

Fans in the stands who yell, "Your Boring Me". My response, "SHUT UP AND LEAVE THEN.

The Magority Guy

+Quote Post
BEANCHILD
post Mar 19 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #54

Rookie

Member No.: 4,770

QUOTE (FEELTHETHUNDER31 @ Mar 19 2012, 12:32 PM) *
If you read my post above we do not have the tiebreakers over Allen or Fort Wayne
Allen: we tie in the first tie breaker which is most wins excluding Shootout wins and if they win out and we lose out they would have the head to head tiebreaker which would make them Berry Champs
Fort Wayne: simply they have the tiebreaker cuz they have more wins excluding Shootout Wins
Wichita:7 SO wins
Fort Wayne: 2 SO wins
Allen: 3 SO wins

Head to Head with Allen if we lose out and they win out
Wichita: 3-4-0
Allen: 4-1-2

We need one point to eliminate all this nonsense

You're right. I was looking at overall wins including shootouts and not just regulation.

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Mar 19 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #55

Bandwidth Hawg

QUOTE (BEANCHILD @ Mar 19 2012, 12:53 PM) *
You're right. I was looking at overall wins including shootouts and not just regulation.

1 win OR 1 Allen and Fort Wayne loss.. both accomplish the same thing. I think we'll take care of the win part tomorrow night down in Texas and just get it over with. Hopefully anyway that way maybe for the last 3 games we can kinda rest a different guy or two each game that is banged up alil bit

+Quote Post
Netminder
post Mar 19 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #56

All Star Member

Member No.: 162

Wow! Really nice, when did I bash the Thunder are saying anything bad about them?? I point out one thing about Them sweeping the cows and that the gov cup has been cursed for a few years now. So I said have fun with that....

glad to see you guys have not given yourselves the cup just yet...

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Mar 19 2012, 06:49 PM
Post #57

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Mar 19 2012, 04:05 PM) *
1 win OR 1 Allen and Fort Wayne loss.. both accomplish the same thing. I think we'll take care of the win part tomorrow night down in Texas and just get it over with. Hopefully anyway that way maybe for the last 3 games we can kinda rest a different guy or two each game that is banged up alil bit

Even an OT loss clinches both for us, so if the game tomorrow happens to go to OT it will be interesting to see how Mac handles it. Whether he uses the normal gameplan or if he just tells the guys to settle back and play cautiously.

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 19 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #58

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,086

QUOTE (rednuhtog @ Mar 19 2012, 06:49 PM) *
Even an OT loss clinches both for us, so if the game tomorrow happens to go to OT it will be interesting to see how Mac handles it. Whether he uses the normal gameplan or if he just tells the guys to settle back and play cautiously.

The correct answer is:

Proud wave killer since 2012!

+Quote Post
netminder18
post Mar 20 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #59

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,653
Mood: Thunder hockey is back!
Went to my my first game when I was two days old.

QUOTE (rednuhtog @ Mar 19 2012, 06:49 PM) *

Well you also got to ask yourself, do you want to go into the playoffs on a losing streak because you played back, or do you want to go in on a big winning streak with all the other teams 11baby.gif fearing 11baby.gif taking you on in the later rounds?

so I say kick the crap out of every team we vs here at the end of the season gothunder2.png

just my .02

You've just been thunderstruck!

Over 18, but glad I'm still hot enough looking to keep my young looks in your opinion

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:07 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com