> Tetrault???
ilovehockey2
post Mar 23 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Hockey Fanatic

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,590
Mood: HAPPY

SO Just curious why does everyone think he is a great player? I just dont see it, almost every score they made on us tonight he was out on the ice. He seems scared to get hit, and he his hits are very soft. Nothing against him personally i and others around me had this conversation and just havent seen why he carries the big C. He may have been at one time but just dont see anything good about him now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ilamb
post Mar 23 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #2

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,612

QUOTE (ilovehockey2 @ Mar 23 2012, 10:23 PM) *
SO Just curious why does everyone think he is a great player? I just dont see it, almost every score they made on us tonight he was out on the ice. He seems scared to get hit, and he his hits are very soft. Nothing against him personally i and others around me had this conversation and just havent seen why he carries the big C. He may have been at one time but just dont see anything good about him now.

No one looked hot tonight.

GO THUNDER!

If you gotta, GO DOWN!
GO LOUD!
GO STRONG!
GO PROUD!
GO ON!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

+Quote Post
Cub527
post Mar 23 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #3

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 465
Mood: Finally, Thunder are FUN to watch again!
War Braves, Chiefs, Sooners

He's a leader on & off the ice. The C on every team are not always the best player.

Jake

Big Snake is HUGE

+Quote Post
#1Thunderfan
post Mar 23 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,907
Mood: 3-4 actually makes me happy haha
Love the thunder thats all u needa know =-]

QUOTE (ilamb @ Mar 23 2012, 10:27 PM) *
No one looked hot tonight.

+1

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 23 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,086

Defense is such a vulgar word to Tetrault fanboys.

Proud wave killer since 2012!

+Quote Post
speedrissr
post Mar 24 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #6

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 37
If it can be annoyed, it will be annoyed

Check the game sheet, he was on the ice for two goals, both when we were killing off the 5 minute major. Nothing against you personally but Bourett was out there for three even strength goals. I just don't see why every one thinks Bourett is a great player.

Every goal? Or just two on the kill.

Stick to doing the wave.

Al

RLR

Morrow, up to Schultz......

+Quote Post
THUNDER4LIFE
post Mar 24 2012, 01:11 AM
Post #7

ThunderHolic

Member No.: 3,950
Proud member of the U.S. Air Force. Pursuing my master's in Criminal Justice

Regardless of the fact that Tetrault didn't look good tonight, you have to ask yourself, who did? From my 3rd row POV, i didn't see anyone that deserved honorable mention for tonight's lack of effort in front a decent home crowd.. alittle over 6thousand. There were multiple players out of position tonight, some bad bounces went Hogan's way, but in no way shape or form is Hogan "terrible" after tonight's performance, and by no means do we need to get rid of anyone for tonight's performance. Every #1 team has their downfalls occasionally, tonight was definitely one. That being said, the sky isn't' falling. We're still 8pts ahead of Allen in our Conference. Still in 1st in the CHL. I think it's safe to say that we're gonna be alright. Hogan got some bad bounces, his positioning wasn't too good tonight, but IMO i still think that Hogan is better than Russo, or has performed better in the time he's been here than Roos. He wasn't hot tonight, i'll admit that, but he's now 10-2 with us, so he is still definitely up on the beneficial to the team meter in my books. I mean, look at Marty Brodeur with the Devils... #1 goaltender of ALL TIME and he's sitting in the NHL with a record of 26-20 and a .906.. even the best
tenders have bad nights.

I think we'll pull our heads out for tomorrow's game. And i'd hope we'd get a win with Clayts in attendance. It'd be nice to rebound from a tough loss with a big win in front of a Thunder/CHL Legend! Welcome back to Wichita Clayton! #38 will always be remembered.

Let's do better tomorrow boys.
Out

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 24 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #8

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (speedrissr @ Mar 24 2012, 12:58 AM) *
Check the game sheet, he was on the ice for two goals, both when we were killing off the 5 minute major. Nothing against you personally but Bourett was out there for three even strength goals. I just don't see why every one thinks Bourett is a great player.

Every goal? Or just two on the kill.

Stick to doing the wave.

Al

RLR

Well, one EV goal against and two EV goals for does equal three.....

+Quote Post
ilovehockey2
post Mar 24 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Hockey Fanatic

Member No.: 3,590
Mood: HAPPY

So tetsie Lovers if you watched the game tonight you would of seen how he was outskated and outplayed. And he was responsible for the icemans last goal.

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Mar 24 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #10

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (ilovehockey2 @ Mar 24 2012, 09:00 PM) *
So tetsie Lovers if you watched the game tonight you would of seen how he was outskated and outplayed. And he was responsible for the icemans last goal.

:facepalm:

+Quote Post
2 For Being an I...
post Mar 24 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #11

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 704

QUOTE (ilovehockey2 @ Mar 24 2012, 09:00 PM) *

I guess I didn't see the same game you did. So your judging his whole game when he lost his stick and tried to play goalie on an empty net?

I Hate KSN, Channel #3

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 24 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #12

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (2 For Being an Idiot @ Mar 24 2012, 09:42 PM) *
I guess I didn't see the same game you did. So your judging his whole game when he lost his stick and tried to play goalie on an empty net?

You could throw in failing to tie up Boisclair's stick in front of the net on E-ville's 2nd goal, but that would be detrimental to your argument.

+Quote Post
speedrissr
post Mar 24 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #13

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 37
If it can be annoyed, it will be annoyed

We should cut Tetsy and Bourett, no one would pick them up for the playoffs.

Al?

RLR

Morrow, up to Schultz......

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 25 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #14

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (speedrissr @ Mar 24 2012, 11:53 PM) *

Al?

RLR

You had me at "cut Tetsy". breakdance.gif

+Quote Post
erik6285
post Mar 25 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #15

All Star Member

Member No.: 2,483

Wow we have the best team in the league, win the division AND league championships and yet there are still dumb a's on here trying to say people need cut!!! Well while we're at it why don't we fire the coach because he has no clue on how to build a good team!!!! sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

See, I can give stats too!!!

BASH AWAY!!!!!!

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 25 2012, 12:32 AM
Post #16

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (erik6285 @ Mar 25 2012, 12:21 AM) *
Wow we have the best team in the league, win the division AND league championships and yet there are still dumb asses on here trying to say people need cut!!! Well while we're at it why don't we fire the coach because he has no clue on how to build a good team!!!! sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Sack Mac! Woo! sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

+Quote Post
tfr765
post Mar 25 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #17

Veteran

Member No.: 2,513

i am so sick and tired of hearing people get on this forum to bash this player or that player for playing bad. do you think you could play any better? if so get your a$$ out there on the ice so we can bash away at your great play. personally i thought the boys fought hard, we just didn't get the bounces our way. as much as we want the guys to be perfect, their human and will make mistakes. granted we could be upset over some of the bad play, doesn't mean we have to roast them over a roaring fire.

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Mar 25 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #18

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Mar 25 2012, 08:23 PM) *
it happens in every sport in every league don't be such a baby about it.. personally i like Tets think there is a reason why he has the C.. people are allowed to have an opinion just because a certain player is on our team doesn't mean people have to say he is the greatest player ever.. and some of you people that are whining about others saying that a player had a bad game or whatever... I hope you're wearing a helmet cause it's a long fall off that high horse you're riding.. SEVERAL of you laughed and were happy when Miller got cut or talked about how bad he was while he was playing.. can't have it both ways..

I was one of Miller's biggest critics. I did not laugh or become giddy when he was cut. He's young, inexperienced, and wasn't working out. Cut the guy and let him have a chance to latch on somewhere where he has a better potential to grow. It wasn't going to be here, not as a mid-season addition when we've been clearly playoff bound for quite some time now. I don't think anyone ever said he had no chance of playing pro anywhere else.

As for Tetrault: Yes, I believe there's a reason he has the C. He has tenure, turned pro in 2000. Been around the game longer than most others on this team. Well spoken. All that song and dance. As far as on-ice performance goes; when he's on, he's on. Great scorer and loves the physical game. However, IMO and YMMV, when he is not "on", it's a mess. Defensive zone miscues, sell out hits, playing his mark too loose. I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with this if he was able to consistently make up for it in his offensive game, but he doesn't. I have no doubt he was missed as a locker room presence during his injury, and as secondary scoring threat, but as a defenseman, not so much. If you make a mistake, don't say "my bad" and go make the same mistake. Say "my bad" then fix the problem.

No, I do not seriously think Tetrault should be cut, but, the C does not make him totally untouchable.

+Quote Post
2 For Being an I...
post Apr 7 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #19

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 704

Congrats to Tetrault for the two goals and the 1st star of the game tonight, great leadership!

I Hate KSN, Channel #3

+Quote Post
THUNDER4LIFE
post Apr 7 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #20

ThunderHolic

Member No.: 3,950
Proud member of the U.S. Air Force. Pursuing my master's in Criminal Justice

QUOTE (2 For Being an Idiot @ Apr 7 2012, 08:50 PM) *
Congrats to Tetrault for the two goals and the 1st star of the game tonight, great leadership!

applause2.gif applause2.gif applause2.gif applause2.gif

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Apr 7 2012, 10:51 PM
Post #21

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (2 For Being an Idiot @ Apr 7 2012, 08:50 PM) *

I think Tetsy and Bourret have shown why Mac is making the player decisions and not some rando's on a message board.

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Apr 7 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #22

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

QUOTE (rednuhtog @ Apr 7 2012, 10:51 PM) *
I think Tetsy and Bourret have shown why Mac is making the player decisions and not some rando's on a message board.

yeah Bourret should be gone for sure because we all know he can't keep his cool during the playoffs sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

+Quote Post
netminder18
post Apr 8 2012, 07:38 AM
Post #23

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,653
Mood: Thunder hockey is back!
Went to my my first game when I was two days old.

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Apr 7 2012, 10:54 PM) *
yeah Bourret should be gone for sure because we all know he can't keep his cool during the playoffs sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Ya without Bourret and Tetsy the boy's would be drinking Mexican beers by tomorrow drunk.gif

Bourret is the most skilled player I've ever seen us have and when thats put to good use he's unstoppable and he did that this series, and Tetsy is that guy you need because for as old as he is, he has amazing work ethic and does set a good example for the team (despite a few bad plays that happen here and there) but you've also got to think about all the time he has missed this season, thats alot of playing, not playing, trying to get back into a rythm and playing again, and like he showed last night, when he's on, he's on, there is a reason he's the most productive defensmen the thunder has ever had.

You've just been thunderstruck!

Over 18, but glad I'm still hot enough looking to keep my young looks in your opinion

+Quote Post
žunor
post Apr 8 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #24

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 4,918
Mood: Jacked up on caffine
It's pronounced thunor!

You know, I was thinking about this very post last night when Tetsy made his two goals and the next words that came to mind probably shouldn't be posted here.
To be honest, I am new to hockey and the world of the Thunder so I cannot speak with any experience or expertise but watching him lead the team on the ice shows why he wears the C. It is hard to explain but on the ice, he is the personification of a leader. He rarely loses his cool, coaches the players on the ice and stands up for his guys with the officials when he needs to.

For example, I remember one game when Young was sent to the penalty box for unsportsmanlike conduct. Young kept talking crap to an official. Tetrault quickly shut him up so he didn't get thrown out of the game and handled the official.

It is great to seem him back in action and hope he stays on.

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Apr 8 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #25

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (žunor @ Apr 8 2012, 10:36 AM) *
You know, I was thinking about this very post last night when Tetsy made his two goals and the next words that came to mind probably shouldn't be posted here.
To be honest, I am new to hockey and the world of the Thunder so I cannot speak with any experience or expertise but watching him lead the team on the ice shows why he wears the C. It is hard to explain but on the ice, he is the personification of a leader. He rarely loses his cool, coaches the players on the ice and stands up for his guys with the officials when he needs to.

For example, I remember one game when Young was sent to the penalty box for unsportsmanlike conduct. Young kept talking crap to an official. Tetrault quickly shut him up so he didn't get thrown out of the game and handled the official.

It is great to seem him back in action and hope he stays on.

Speaking of Young, he's been fantastic. Nice to see he played his way into the top pair with Wight.

+Quote Post
ThunderPride
post Apr 9 2012, 01:10 AM
Post #26

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,870
Mood: GO THUNDER

QUOTE (speedrissr @ Mar 24 2012, 11:53 PM) *

Al?

RLR

Please tell me you were drunk when you put this cut Bourett hes the leading scorer in the chl for the play offs guy has constantly put up big numbers its obvious he is way to skilled for this league . Ha and come on Tetrault number one star last night with 2 amazing goals im so glad your not coach .

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Apr 9 2012, 01:18 AM
Post #27

Thunderholic

Member No.: 233
Mood: I WANT TO WIN!!!
Thunder fan since '92... and lovin' it!!!

QUOTE (ThunderPride @ Apr 9 2012, 02:10 AM) *
Please tell me you were drunk when you put this cut Bourett hes the leading scorer in the chl for the play offs guy has constantly put up big numbers its obvious he is way to skilled for this league . Ha and come on Tetrault number one star last night with 2 amazing goals im so glad your not coach .

Some people can't get the sarcasm no matter how obvious it is I guess. rolleyes.gif

"I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger."
- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
goalieguy87
post Apr 9 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #28

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (ThunderPride @ Apr 9 2012, 02:10 AM) *

Attached File(s)
Attached File  68612567.jpg ( 17.39K ) Number of downloads: 4

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:11 PM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com