Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TGD: Playoff Edition, Game 1 vs RGV
goalieguy87
post Mar 31 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #31

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,296

Great game, and great way to start the series. They came out flying, and even though we let in the first goal, the hits just kept on coming!

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ready2rumble
post Mar 31 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #32

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,271
Mood: Its Hockey Time!!!!
Season Ticket Holder
Section 116 Row N Seat 7
Im Loud, and Im Proud

QUOTE (thunderfan4 @ Mar 30 2012, 11:54 PM) *
Here's another theory of mine. Maybe since the Thunder gave away so many discounted and free tickets this year that those fans won't come to a game unless they get that. Maybe next year the trick will be not to give so much away

Could you get any more negative....just wondering if its possible?!?! Lol I think we all want coach to stay and i do believe he wants to stay here long term too...who knows what coach wants to do or thinks better than you Grant...

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
shaffer88
post Mar 31 2012, 05:24 AM
Post #33

season ticket holder

Member No.: 3,731
Mood: always ready for some hockey.
This yr is our yr. We will be the first too 3.

A buddy of mine and the guy that sit next to me last night said they were having a duda special for 10 tickets it its sponsored by kake they said duda announced it last week while he was being the sports anchor due to the regular one being at the final four. Not sure as I'm a season ticket holder but might want to look into it to help bring in people even if its the fight out shoot fan lol.

+Quote Post
mapanggulo
post Mar 31 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #34

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 988
Mood: Plus ca change, Plus c'est la meme chose
Let the Bodies hit the floor...er street.

QUOTE (bigtalker @ Mar 31 2012, 12:43 AM) *
Well for Sunday's game everybody should bring along one friend... turn that 3 thousand into 6 thousand. I'm sure we all have atleast ONE friend that we could drag along with us

LMAO, that would be nice, but not a possibility for me at $22 for a seat (when I already have 3 seats bought)

Oh by the way...Last nights game was not the smallest home crowd of the year (reported attendance wise)...it was close though.

+Quote Post
mapanggulo
post Mar 31 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #35

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 988
Mood: Plus ca change, Plus c'est la meme chose
Let the Bodies hit the floor...er street.

QUOTE (ready2rumble @ Mar 31 2012, 01:45 AM) *
Could you get any more negative....just wondering if its possible?!?!

Stick around...i'm sure she can.

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Apr 2 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #36

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

My question is this... Would the Team not make even MORE money if they offered some discounted tickets.. Sure some of the main core of 3 thousand that go to games might go for the cheaper tickets so they would lose some money that way but most would keep the more expensive seats they already have IMO.. Then you add 2 thousand or 2500 that had no intention of going to the game until the discount tickets become available..

Say 500 of the 3 thousand choose the cheaper tickets, But you add 2500 that you didn't expect.. that is a gain of 2,000 fans sounds to me like that would be making money or atleast equaling what they would have had with just the 3 thousand but instead of a tiny crowd you have 5500!

I don't know if any of that made sense to anybody else lol but it was just a thought

+Quote Post
THUNDER4LIFE
post Apr 4 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #37

ThunderHolic

Member No.: 3,950
Proud member of the U.S. Air Force. Pursuing my master's in Criminal Justice

Well IMO, i don't think the free ticket coupons with the $2 facility fee are too bad of a idea.. Sure, they lose what could have been alot of money, had all the people that used the buy in tickets, paid for one instead.. I mean, take this last weekend's game's for example.. We have the 3,000 or whatever that buy tickets to generally every game.. and out of those 3,000 or so, a good percent of those people have been coming to games since the beginning.. so they're gonna pay for ticket's regardless... After that, there's 12,000 more seats to be filled.. What would be the difference of giving out free tickets, than just leaving it empty. Alot of fans, would be the difference... I mean, realisticly, the people who use the buy in tickets, are gonna buy drinks/food/etc.. chucka pucks.. things of that sort. So it's not lilke they'd get NO revenue out of the 5,000 or so buy in users.. and i know that 8,000 fans, gives the boys more of a psychological edge, than the 3,000 that were at this last weekeknd's games. I mean, our fans can be loud no matter how many are in attendance.. But usually the bigger the crowd, the more destin the players are to perform... that being said! We didn't play too well in a few of those buy in nights.. But, we'd have to amp up the energy level.
Anways, IMO, i don't see the difference between having the seats completely empty, rather than having about 5,000 more fans (add or subtract a hundred or two) that pay $2 for their ticket, plus food/drinks/merchandise during the course of the game... I'd say that's an extra $10,000 plus.. maybe $3,000 on concessions/merchandise that they'd gain, rather than leaving them completely empty. Who knows.

I was all in all not too happy with the attendance.. it could be lots higher. But, the good news is, we won both. 2-0!

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
Brian-27
post Apr 4 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #38

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 396

QUOTE (THUNDER4LIFE @ Apr 4 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Well IMO, i don't think the free ticket coupons with the $2 facility fee are too bad of a idea.. Sure, they lose what could have been alot of money, had all the people that used the buy in tickets, paid for one instead.. I mean, take this last weekend's game's for example.. We have the 3,000 or whatever that buy tickets to generally every game.. and out of those 3,000 or so, a good percent of those people have been coming to games since the beginning.. so they're gonna pay for ticket's regardless... After that, there's 12,000 more seats to be filled.. What would be the difference of giving out free tickets, than just leaving it empty. Alot of fans, would be the difference... I mean, realisticly, the people who use the buy in tickets, are gonna buy drinks/food/etc.. chucka pucks.. things of that sort. So it's not lilke they'd get NO revenue out of the 5,000 or so buy in users.. and i know that 8,000 fans, gives the boys more of a psychological edge, than the 3,000 that were at this last weekeknd's games. I mean, our fans can be loud no matter how many are in attendance.. But usually the bigger the crowd, the more destin the players are to perform... that being said! We didn't play too well in a few of those buy in nights.. But, we'd have to amp up the energy level.
Anways, IMO, i don't see the difference between having the seats completely empty, rather than having about 5,000 more fans (add or subtract a hundred or two) that pay $2 for their ticket, plus food/drinks/merchandise during the course of the game... I'd say that's an extra $10,000 that they'd gain, rather than leaving them completely empty. Who knows.

I was all in all not too happy with the attendance.. it could be lots higher. But, the good news is, we won both. 2-0!

So your idea is to piss off the fans who pay the bills, so the fans who want in free can come? At some point all those fans will stop paying money and want in for free as well. I agree more people create a better atmosphere, but there is a fine line that can't be crossed when you expect some to pay full price and others to get in for free....kinda sounds like our governments business model, which we can all agree doesn't work so hot.

+Quote Post
THUNDER4LIFE
post Apr 4 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #39

ThunderHolic

Member No.: 3,950
Proud member of the U.S. Air Force. Pursuing my master's in Criminal Justice

QUOTE (Brian-27 @ Apr 4 2012, 02:55 PM) *
So your idea is to piss off the fans who pay the bills, so the fans who want in free can come? At some point all those fans will stop paying money and want in for free as well. I agree more people create a better atmosphere, but there is a fine line that can't be crossed when you expect some to pay full price and others to get in for free....kinda sounds like our governments business model, which we can all agree doesn't work so hot.

No, im saying that instead of leaving the seats empty, we could put them to use.. More fans = better atmosphere.

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
FEELTHETHUNDER31
post Apr 4 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #40

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,084
Mood: Light'em UP
"The early bird may get the worm...........but the second mouse always gets the cheese!!"

QUOTE (THUNDER4LIFE @ Apr 4 2012, 02:57 PM) *
No, im saying that instead of leaving the seats empty, we could put them to use.. More fans = better atmosphere.

But still then you get the people who pay for their tickets angry and then we (season ticket holders) will stop buying those tickets and get free ones and then the Thunder are screwed...do you now see the fine line because it sounds like you don't see it

"Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve."- Tom Landry

Fans in the stands who yell, "Your Boring Me". My response, "SHUT UP AND LEAVE THEN.

The Magority Guy

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:53 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com