Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TGD: Playoff edition, game 3 vs. RGV
goalieguy87
post Apr 4 2012, 10:29 PM
Post #31

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,296

Through emoticons I will now show my reactions to the last several posts....

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

rotf.gif

spoton.gif

angel_not.gif

Translate that how you will...

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thunderfan91
post Apr 4 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #32

All Star Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2,967
Mood: Thunder ROCK!

Hey Matt posted a pic of a bloody nub of a pinky. What's that about? On twitter, check it out.

When you pull on that jersey, you represent yourself, and your teammates. And the name on the front on the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back!
-Herb Brooks

Cross Country. Finally a practical use for golf courses.

+Quote Post
FEELTHETHUNDER31
post Apr 4 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #33

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,084
Mood: Light'em UP
"The early bird may get the worm...........but the second mouse always gets the cheese!!"

I am not trying be the coach I am just stating my opinion on the situtation because this is a fan forum, out of the last 3 reg. season games and 3 playoff games we have looked good for 1 game and that game was Game 1 of the Playoffs. Game 2 we won by the 3rd line stepping up. We can't rely solely on Donny and Greene who seem to be our only offense as of late besides the French connection blow up in game 1. That is what is actually scaring me the most is our lack of scoring from the normals we need consistent scoring from Robby(thats highly questionable now because of the injury), Davis(same thing), Bourret, Bearegard, Flath, and Summers. As of late these guys ever since we clinched the regular season have been set on coast and cant get off except for Game 1 for the French(I'm running in circles I better wrap this up). So to conclude more scoring from the top 2 lines period.(sorry I'm still in paper writing mode from school) nhl_checking.gif

"Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve."- Tom Landry

Fans in the stands who yell, "Your Boring Me". My response, "SHUT UP AND LEAVE THEN.

The Magority Guy

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Apr 4 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #34

Thunderholic

Member No.: 233
Mood: I WANT TO WIN!!!
Thunder fan since '92... and lovin' it!!!

QUOTE (Thunderfan91 @ Apr 4 2012, 11:40 PM) *
Hey Matt posted a pic of a bloody nub of a pinky. What's that about? On twitter, check it out.

It happened when got slashed going to the net. And no call. What a shocker! furious3.gif

"I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger."
- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
Gdogg6
post Apr 4 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #35

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

QUOTE (erik6285 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Oh shove it, just cause you are allowed by the locker rooms after the game doesn't mean you know crap!! Russo always lets softies in on the road, and now isn't the time for that to happen, now is the time to show what the team is made of, there aren't 66 games to pull yourself back up, you don't show up to play now and your going home!

Yeah man, I try to flaunt it around that I'm better than everyone else, and I play the I know something you don't know game. Tonight is one game, Russo has been great down the stretch....Hogan has been great down the stretch, we have two very good goalies (unlike last year). Why come on here and bash him...maybe "bash" is a strong word, but to say he doesn't play well on the road is also a stretch. I showed you his road stats this year, to say those numbers are bad is simply not true. Are there numbers out there better...sure, but those are very respectable numbers! Why do you get so upset about me posting something positive to counter a negative???

OUT

GDOGG

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Apr 4 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #36

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

I think Russo and the team's struggles tonight may have more to do with playing 2 games this weekend then making a 14 hour bus trip. I know Rio had to make the same trip, but they also got to go home which gave them a little bit of an advantage. I also have no idea how anyone can say that game 1 was the only game in the last few weeks where the team looked good. I'd say the team as a whole played significantly better in game 2 than 1. Game 2 the Thunder completely dominated every aspect of the game except for scoreboard and the only thing stopping that was Murray who was probably one of the most underrated players in the CHL this season.

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Apr 5 2012, 05:23 AM
Post #37

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

I think most of us expected this series to go 5 games only a few were calling it in a sweep so one loss is no big deal.. It happens. The boys came out kinda flat last night and dug a hole they couldn't get out of but it's certainly not the end of the world still up 2-1. I think they'll come out hitting hard tonight and really take it to them the whole game and come home with a 3-1 series lead.

+Quote Post
Dork
post Apr 5 2012, 06:06 AM
Post #38

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 178

If you are suppose to be a pro athlete and you cannot play 2 games over a weekend and be ready to play again 3 days later you need help! They just had a bad game. It has been the same way all season. They play good most of the time but have games now and then where they look really bad. They will prob be fine just like they have been all season.

+Quote Post
jmalt42
post Apr 5 2012, 06:47 AM
Post #39

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 2,748
Mood: Trying to remain positive

We will be fine in the series. I personally figured we might drop a game down there. I just figured it would be more of a game like Sunday that we would be on the wrong side of. Going from being down 2-0 to 4-0 in 45 seconds is not what we have seen from this team this season. We usually are the ones lighting it up in the next period. With all that said, i expect a close game win tonight...and series close out Saturday.

+Quote Post
HockeyBuddha
post Apr 5 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #40

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,665

"Wichita, meanwhile, had to make do without MVP finalist Matt Robinson. Robinson suffered a left hand injury late in the first and didnít return but Thunder coach Kevin McClelland said Robinson will play tonight."

He's one tough dude.

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/deficit...lf-hidalgo.html

+Quote Post
MrsFromtheStands
post Apr 5 2012, 08:29 AM
Post #41

Veteran

Member No.: 4,681

QUOTE (Thunderfan23 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:02 PM) *
He provides you stats and you comeback with that? Did he claim to know more than you? Uh, I don't think so. We all know teams play better at home than on the road. It's a fact. Plus these are 7 game series. You're allowed to have an off night or two. Geeze, can't win every game.

Grant's a good heckler for a reason. wink.gif

So calm down and stay classy! applause2.gif

Missouri swept their series, I think that constitues winning every game. I dont' think anyone expeted that, or from the Thunder, but in reality I bet the coach expects that, as a coach should.

I don't know about other teams and the play-offs and how they won, did they always sweep? Or lose a game or two? But I do know that the the 1993-1994 Wichita Thunder only beat the Dallas Freeze 4 games to 3 to make it to the Championship games against Tulsa, which we swept 4 games to 0!
The next year 1994-1995 team beat OKC 4 games to 1 in the semi's and San Antonio 4 games to 2 to win the title again. My point is, you are right, you don't have to win every game to win a championship, it just makes all of us nervous that's all, we all want these wins, we want this championship!

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Apr 5 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #42

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (Dork @ Apr 5 2012, 06:06 AM) *
If you are suppose to be a pro athlete and you cannot play 2 games over a weekend and be ready to play again 3 days later you need help! They just had a bad game. It has been the same way all season. They play good most of the time but have games now and then where they look really bad. They will prob be fine just like they have been all season.

Trust me on this, it sounds easy when you say it like that, but it's not. And to say they looked "really bad" last night is a bit of an overreaction. They played flat and not up to normal standards, but I don't think anyone thought they where out of it until Rio scored their empty-netter. As others have said, not many of us where expecting a sweep and this was the game I figured would be the one the take from us.

+Quote Post
evil nurse
post Apr 5 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #43

Hockey Fanatic

Member No.: 3,994

As a fan it was disappointing to watch last nights game. But it happens. It would be nice, but you can't win them all. Just because Missouri won 4 in a row, it doesn't mean they win them all. Yes, the coach should expect it, but realistically speaking it doesn't always happen. I do expect a better job and a win tonight. smile.gif I know they can do it.

GDOGG, I really appreciate your insight and thoughts regarding the team.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:35 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com