Guests cannot vote 
THUNDER4LIFE
post Apr 6 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #1

ThunderHolic

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,950
Police Officer in the lovely state of KS

Coming into this Saturday's Game 5 with a 3-1 lead over Rio, the chances to close this First Round Series off are quite high. Russo played fantastic in Game's 1 & 2 at Home, and in Game 4 in Rio. Game 3 was questionable, as both of our Goaltenders weren't at the top of their game. That'll happen, can't sweep 'em all. Our offense has been great. That Flath, Bourret, Beauregard line is KILLER! Congrats to Flath, & Bourret for both already having Hat-Trick's in only 4 Games this series. Looking at the CHL Bracket, things around the league definitely aren't what i presumed they'd be at this point!

Fort Wayne leads their series against Rapid 3-1, Game 5 @ Fort Wayne on the 8th with a chance for the Komets to knock off the Rush.

Missouri sweeped Evansville, and i, for one, thought the Icemen would put up alot more effort, either that, or the Mavericks have improved drastically since we last played them.

Texas has a 2-1 lead over Allen, Game 4 for that series is tonight - I personally would like to see Texas win that one.

My Predictions:
Fort Wayne in 5
Texas in 6.

If the Brahmas advance, that'd mean we play them 2nd Round, and IMO i think we can win that. We most likely won't sweep, but i think we can take that one with simliar, if not better effort than we've put up this series against surprisingly combatant Rio.

And were we to win the Brahma's series, that'd put us in the finals with either Fort Wayne or the Mavs.. Personally, i'd rather play Fort Wayne. But that's just me.

I honestly can see us making it all the way to the Finals this season. And as a longtime Thunder fan, it'd be very deserving, were we to win the Cup! That'd show the league that the Thunder are back in the competition for hopefully, years to come. And, were we to win, we have pretty much a certain chance that we're getting Bourret back next season. And i for one, would love to see Alex back. That'd spark the interest of some other talented players that Mac could pick up, depending on who he keeps regardless.

We have a good chance at it all this year! breakdance.gif

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speedrissr
post Apr 6 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 37
If it can be annoyed, it will be annoyed

I would least like to play Texas, playing them is like watching a basketball game in the 40's, when there was no shot clock and scores of 14-10 were common place. Teams would sit in a four corners and wind down time in each half, essentially turning a 40 minute game into a 2 minute game with 38 minutes of passing the ball around.

Al?

RLR

Morrow, up to Schultz......

+Quote Post
erik6285
post Apr 7 2012, 11:29 AM
Post #3

All Star Member

Member No.: 2,483

QUOTE (THUNDER4LIFE @ Apr 6 2012, 05:06 PM) *
Coming into this Saturday's Game 5 with a 3-1 lead over Rio, the chances to close this First Round Series off are quite high. Russo played fantastic in Game's 1 & 2 at Home, and in Game 4 in Rio. Game 3 was questionable, as both of our Goaltenders weren't at the top of their game. That'll happen, can't sweep 'em all. Our offense has been great. That Flath, Bourret, Beauregard line is KILLER! Congrats to Flath, & Bourret for both already having Hat-Trick's in only 4 Games this series. Looking at the CHL Bracket, things around the league definitely aren't what i presumed they'd be at this point!

Fort Wayne leads their series against Rapid 3-1, Game 5 @ Fort Wayne on the 8th with a chance for the Komets to knock off the Rush.

Missouri sweeped Evansville, and i, for one, thought the Icemen would put up alot more effort, either that, or the Mavericks have improved drastically since we last played them.

Texas has a 2-1 lead over Allen, Game 4 for that series is tonight - I personally would like to see Texas win that one.

My Predictions:
Fort Wayne in 5
Texas in 6.

If the Brahmas advance, that'd mean we play them 2nd Round, and IMO i think we can win that. We most likely won't sweep, but i think we can take that one with simliar, if not better effort than we've put up this series against surprisingly combatant Rio.

And were we to win the Brahma's series, that'd put us in the finals with either Fort Wayne or the Mavs.. Personally, i'd rather play Fort Wayne. But that's just me.

I honestly can see us making it all the way to the Finals this season. And as a longtime Thunder fan, it'd be very deserving, were we to win the Cup! That'd show the league that the Thunder are back in the competition for hopefully, years to come. And, were we to win, we have pretty much a certain chance that we're getting Bourret back next season. And i for one, would love to see Alex back. That'd spark the interest of some other talented players that Mac could pick up, depending on who he keeps regardless.

We have a good chance at it all this year! breakdance.gif

Why do you say that?

See, I can give stats too!!!

BASH AWAY!!!!!!

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Apr 7 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #4

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

I hope he decides to come back... But i think he's gonna go play overseas where he can make more money. Hope i'm wrong on that one

+Quote Post
THUNDER4LIFE
post Apr 7 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #5

ThunderHolic

QUOTE (erik6285 @ Apr 7 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Why do you say that?

Alex is a friend of mine, I talked to him about his ideas on next year, last week. He told me that if we won the championship this season, he said he'd "pretty sure" be back at the start of the season next year, trying to get called up to the AHL again.

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
THUNDER4LIFE
post Apr 7 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #6

ThunderHolic

But, if we don't win it all, Bourret's gone. I'm sure then, he'd be going overseas

T.4.L

GO THUNDER!!!

+Quote Post
netminder18
post Apr 8 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #7

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,653
Mood: Thunder hockey is back!
Went to my my first game when I was two days old.

QUOTE (THUNDER4LIFE @ Apr 7 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Alex is a friend of mine, I talked to him about his ideas on next year, last week. He told me that if we won the championship this season, he said he'd "pretty sure" be back at the start of the season next year, trying to get called up to the AHL again.

Well were going to need him playing his best if thats going to become a reality, but so far in the playoffs he's been outstanding.

and flath mediocre my butt he was the all star of this series, Rio did everything they could to get him off his game which included batantly shoving him to the ice (which only got called when Murrey did it), and he still scored.

You've just been thunderstruck!

Over 18, but glad I'm still hot enough looking to keep my young looks in your opinion

+Quote Post
tornadowarning33
post Apr 8 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #8

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,086

QUOTE (netminder18 @ Apr 8 2012, 07:51 AM) *
Well were going to need him playing his best if thats going to become a reality, but so far in the playoffs he's been outstanding.

and flath mediocre my butt he was the all star of this series, Rio did everything they could to get him off his game which included batantly shoving him to the ice (which only got called when Murrey did it), and he still scored.

Rio Grande Flath, as Rajan refers to him. My favorite forward since he joined the team.

Proud wave killer since 2012!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 01:41 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com