Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thunder vs. Texas OR Allen???
Gdogg6
post Apr 10 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

Well, after looking at the season numbers it will be a hard fought series no matter who we play in the Finals. Of course once you get to the playoffs anything can happen, I still like our team against any team out there in a best of 7 series with home ice advantage. Here are some numbers though against both teams over the course of this season.

Wichita Thunder vs. the Texas Brahmas

Wichita played Texas 8 times and went 5-3 against them. Wichita was -16 as a team and Texas was +17 in those games. Wichita only played Texas 3 times in Wichita and went 2-1 against them on home ice...down in Texas the Thunder won 3 out of the 5 games to go 3-2. Russo had a 3.02 GAA and .882 save percentage against Texas (Hogan never faced them) while Guggenberger had a 3.44 GAA and .867 save percentage against Wichita (Fogal never faced us).

Get ready for some nail biters....out of the 8 games all but 1 were decided by just one goal. Pretty even match up and Texas's neutral zone clutch and grab style can definitely make it tough on opposing offenses to get things going.

Wichita Thunder vs. Allen Americans

Wichita played Allen 7 times and went 3-4 against them. Wichita was -35 as a team and Allen was +34 in those games. Wichita went 2-1 against Allen here in Wichita with both of those wins coming in a shootout. Down in Allen, Wichita only went 1-3. Over the course of the season Allen outscored Wichita 26-17. Russo had a 3.18 GAA and .870 save percentage while Hogan had a 3.60 GAA and .867 save percentage vs Allen. Beauchemin had a 1.94 GAA and .934 save percentage vs. the Thunder while Cousineau had a 3.00 GAA and a .903 save percentage.

After looking at these numbers it is obvious that the second round is going to be a hard fought battle no matter who we play, even though the Texas Brahmas style can be very boring and their rink sucks I would probably prefer to play them. I still think the Thunder can take both teams in a best of 7 series....keep in mind, two of the Thunder losses to Allen came at the end of the season when we had a lot of our team out due to injury or suspension.

Thoughts???

OUT

GDOGG

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lawdog279
post Apr 10 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Season Ticket Holder

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,904
Mood: Busiest Human Being on Earth

I agree that we have set ourselves up well for a serious run at the cup, home ice is huge. I also agree that we can handle any of the teams still playing hockey. I hope we face Texas in the next series. I like the way we played them during the regular season and even though we had some top guys sitting at the end of the regular season I don't want Allen playing off that mind set that they came into our house and beat us already, just my opinion....

Wichita v. Texas, we take the series 4 games to 2

+Quote Post
Thunderfan23
post Apr 10 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #3

Thunderholic

Member No.: 233
Mood: I WANT TO WIN!!!
Thunder fan since '92... and lovin' it!!!

QUOTE (lawdog279 @ Apr 10 2012, 11:14 AM) *
I agree that we have set ourselves up well for a serious run at the cup, home ice is huge. I also agree that we can handle any of the teams still playing hockey. I hope we face Texas in the next series. I like the way we played them during the regular season and even though we had some top guys sitting at the end of the regular season I don't want Allen playing off that mind set that they came into our house and beat us already, just my opinion....

Wichita v. Texas, we take the series 4 games to 2

I totally agree with you. Rather face Texas than Allen.

If we play Texas, than we can take the series 4-2. If we play Allen, than we can take the series 4-3. Both will be extremely hard to beat, especially this time of year.

"I'm going to have to ask you to retard your anger."
- Jack Nicholson

+Quote Post
žunor
post Apr 10 2012, 11:38 AM
Post #4

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 4,918
Mood: Jacked up on caffine
It's pronounced thunor!

Definately agree that no matter which team we face, it is going to be a true battle to the end - these teams aren't the bees. Looking at the scores from the current series of Texas vs Allen, with the exception of the first game where Allen dominated Texas 5-0, they have all ended in one point differences.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping Texas pulls out the win.

Thunder takes series with a nailbiting 4-2

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 06:20 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com