> TGD: Playoff Edition, Game 2 vs. TEX
Netminder
post Apr 16 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #61

All Star Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 162

QUOTE (Gdogg6 @ Apr 16 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Not game 3 for sure....possibly game 4, don't know that I can swing that though, I'll have to see. Probably not this go around. Are you going to watch any of them? Cheer the Thunder on if you do!!!

OUT

GDOGG

Yes, I will bre there for both games with my Thunder gear on!!! I will pm you later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Apr 16 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #62

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

well if Hand is hurt and has the red light then he probably shouldn't be out there targeting our skills guys and laying questionable hits on them.. a couple of those were close to being dirty on Robinson. And if he feels like continuing doing that then we will MAKE him fight. Just because you are hurt and not suppose to fight doesn't give you the green light to fly around and act a fool that kind of nonsense will be stopped one way or the other.

I do like Ryan it was fun watching him play here last year but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

+Quote Post
The Original Mr ...
post Apr 16 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #63

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,901

QUOTE (rednuhtog @ Apr 16 2012, 09:50 AM) *
Sorry, I know from your posts on other boards you're Ryan's dad, but Ryan was just as much a punk as Sawyer, if not more. If he knows his coach is going to let him fight he better not put himself in a situation where he needs to. I know Wildfong was one of the best in the business about running away from what he started, but I never got the impression Ryan was like that at all and I would hope he has enough respect for the game to not allow his stupid, scared coach to turn him into a tool.

Wow, aren't you the real Einstein. What gave it away the fact my name is written for everyone to see or the fact I don't hide it? Beyond that ,he like Lizon plays a physical game. If they don't do that then what. He puts himself in that position every shift of every game so why should last night be any different? Those guys have to play that game. Trash me ..trash my son don't care. We both have respect for Wichita, the organization and the great fans. All these guys have a job to do. It's the bs stuff that was pulled that makes you less likely to respect certain players ever again. The one problem I have with reading this board is the closed eyes some people have. Ryan's hit was "a little" questionable no doubt. But the ref who was almost right beside didn't think so and no penalty was called. Anyways you guys had the best team all year and unless the Brahmas get the **** together this series be b a quick one. Then hopefully Mac will get another championship for his resume. It will be well deserved by all involved with this team, fans included. Good luck guys & girls
Reason for edit: please do not attempt to skirt the profanity filter

+Quote Post
bigtalker
post Apr 16 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #64

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 3,647
Mood: shakin things up

like i said i like Ryan think he is good at his job that being fighting of course.. think it would be nice to see him back in Thunder gear someday. But even you had to know that was coming last night. Sawyer maybe should have backed off and just let Lizon handle it but we all know that if he didn't press the issue that fight wasn't going to happen.. A point had to be made and it was and both our guys got tossed so i think it worked out pretty evenly. Hell even Ryan was in the box with a smile and laughing no big deal just boys being boys

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Apr 16 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #65

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (The Original Mr H @ Apr 16 2012, 04:00 PM) *
Wow, aren't you the real Einstein. What gave it away the fact my name is written for everyone to see or the fact I don't hide it? Beyond that ,he like Lizon plays a physical game. If they don't do that then what. He puts himself in that position every shift of every game so why should last night be any different? Those guys have to play that game. Trash me ..trash my son don't care. We both have respect for Wichita, the organization and the great fans. All these guys have a job to do. It's the bs stuff that was pulled that makes you less likely to respect certain players ever again. The one problem I have with reading this board is the closed eyes some people have. Ryan's hit was "a little" questionable no doubt. But the ref who was almost right beside didn't think so and no penalty was called. Anyways you guys had the best team all year and unless the Brahmas get the **** together this series be b a quick one. Then hopefully Mac will get another championship for his resume. It will be well deserved by all involved with this team, fans included. Good luck guys & girls

Wow, you don't have to be a "Maverick" about it. I don't see anywhere on this board where you said who you where so I was simply acknowledging that I have read your posts on other boards and do know you're Ryan's father. So far my personal opinion is Ryan is the bigger man, at least he just hides behind refs, not a computer. I know he's your son and I know you'll admit when he loses a fight, but I have never once seen you admit he was in the wrong. I'm not going to go back and read every post you've ever made on every message board so maybe you have, but I've never seen it. Last night wasn't 1 questionable hit, it was several. Maybe the ref let the one you saw go, but I saw several that the ref probably didn't see. And considering it was Bruggman last night I wouldn't use the ref as my basis for whether a play was legal or not. As we've hashed and re-hashed several times on this board in the last several weeks there's a line you can't cross while heckling, and the same thing goes for instigators on the ice and in my opinion Ryan crossed that line last night. It's fine to cross that line from time to time, but you had better be prepared to take your punishment if you do. Since Ryan is known as primarily an enforcer himself, he was going to be the obvious target once he himself crossed the line. By backing away, regardless of the reason, he hurt his image in the eyes of both our players and our fans. If he learned anything last year he knows that Mac believes in the old school code of hockey where if you stand up and fight things are square and it's time to play hockey. Since Ryan didn't stand and fight I'm sure Mac doesn't consider this situation settled and I would keep my head on a swivel if I was any Texas player, especially when Lizon takes the ice. Based on what I know of Wildfong and his cheap antics, I would not be surprised if someone gets hurt next game from one team or the other unless Ryan or someone else on the Brahmas is willing to be a man and face Lizon straight up. If karma has any say it will be Wildfong himself tripping over the bench trying to complain to the refs a little more.

+Quote Post
goalieguy87
post Apr 16 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #66

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,296

I honestly don't think ryan played dirty. The one hit was questionable but that was it. If he has a red light and injury I can see his frustration. Sawyer didn't need to jump in. It was clear Lizon wanted to fight him all night just let it happen! Am I the only one that thinks we need to worry about winning the series and not pay back?

Minor League Hockey Report: CHL News Here

"Boucher is a good goalie, but he left rebounds fatter than Khloe Kardashian" Matt121 12/15/11
"I score less than the Thunder do!" Deadbolt 11/28/09
"This poll is kinda like asking which sucks more; getting punched in the right eye or the left. lol " Hrududu on the Which team sucks worse poll...2/3/09

+Quote Post
FEELTHETHUNDER31
post Apr 16 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #67

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,084
Mood: Light'em UP
"The early bird may get the worm...........but the second mouse always gets the cheese!!"

I thought Lizon was the 3rd man in even though Sawyer was charged with that penalty. Sawyer was talking with Hand and when Lizon jumped in and they were trying to seperate them sawyer got in there so up for debate.

"Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve."- Tom Landry

Fans in the stands who yell, "Your Boring Me". My response, "SHUT UP AND LEAVE THEN.

The Magority Guy

+Quote Post
ccm6700
post Apr 16 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #68

All Star Member

Member No.: 109
Ok im drunk... is there a problem with that occifer?

QUOTE (goalieguy87 @ Apr 16 2012, 09:23 PM) *
I honestly don't think ryan played dirty. The one hit was questionable but that was it. If he has a red light and injury I can see his frustration. Sawyer didn't need to jump in. It was clear Lizon wanted to fight him all night just let it happen! Am I the only one that thinks we need to worry about winning the series and not pay back?

Now why would we do that? Lets worry about getting our internet payback against a guy that got jumped by the two biggests guys on our team. We can worry about winning games once we make it to the playoffs.

The hit at center ice was clean guys, watch the tape again if you dont believe me. Robinson had the puck, tried to cut and didnt see him there until the last second. textbook hipcheck, only reason why it looked like clipping was because Robinson tried to jump to avoid it for some reason.

This is exactly the type of whinning that everybody hates Missouri and all the other message board fans when Tetrault or Wight puts a clean hipcheck on somebody. Just because he does a flip or goes down to the ice doesnt make it a cheap shot. Its a legal check.

Hope you got Hobo stab insurance
"You gotta live for something,, or you'll die for nothing"
-HATEBREED-

+Quote Post
Cub527
post Apr 16 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #69

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 465
Mood: Finally, Thunder are FUN to watch again!
War Braves, Chiefs, Sooners

QUOTE (goalieguy87 @ Apr 16 2012, 09:23 PM) *

What happens when a sedin sister is hit hard? They go after that player

What happens when someone hits crosby. They go after that player

I could go on & on. If Hand is hurt then he shouldn't be playing that role. He hit Robinson more than once even Mac saw it. Why do you think he was so frustrated at Hand. He was begging him to fight Lizon or Sawyer. So our guys both went after Hand. I am glad they did because he landed two hard hits on one of our main offensive threats. We need to protect them. What do you think Mac did for Gretzky etc?? I'm sorry but I'm a firm believer that if you are going to play that role then you need to back it up. Yes hand is a good fighter but he can't expect to hit not only our star players but any teams star players & think he's going to get away with it. The enforcer has that name for a reason. Never thought hand was a cheap player & still don't think he is. He hustles & sometimes things happen BUT to see several questionable hits from him last game really showed me that he may be a little frustrated & maybe some Wildfong is rubbing off on him?
I think our boys will keep going towards the net & trying to score but if someone messes with our scoring threats then you have to deal with Lizon, Sawyer & Donny (not in that order & maybe sometimes at sametime wink.gif )

Jake

Big Snake is HUGE

+Quote Post
Cub527
post Apr 16 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #70

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 465
Mood: Finally, Thunder are FUN to watch again!
War Braves, Chiefs, Sooners

QUOTE (ccm6700 @ Apr 16 2012, 09:48 PM) *
Now why would we do that? Lets worry about getting our internet payback against a guy that got jumped by the two biggests guys on our team. We can worry about winning games once we make it to the playoffs.

The hit at center ice was clean guys, watch the tape again if you dont believe me. Robinson had the puck, tried to cut and didnt see him there until the last second. textbook hipcheck, only reason why it looked like clipping was because Robinson tried to jump to avoid it for some reason.

This is exactly the type of whinning that everybody hates Missouri and all the other message board fans when Tetrault or Wight puts a clean hipcheck on somebody. Just because he does a flip or goes down to the ice doesnt make it a cheap shot. Its a legal check.

I don't care if it's clean. He hit one of our star players. He needs to be dealt with. If he does it again then he gets Lizon / Sawyer fist or fistsss. Also if it's clean it's still to close to his knee. Then hands cross check to robinsons back sending him forward into boards? Some questionable hits. Questionable doesn't mean dirty but it could be seen that way.

Jake

Big Snake is HUGE

+Quote Post
Gdogg6
post Apr 16 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #71

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

Who said the Thunder are looking for payback??? Payback for what?? Whether Hand's hit was dirty (I don't feel it was blatant) or whether it was a textbook hip check, or a clean open ice hit, the fact of the matter is it was on Robinson, one of our star players. I remember Doug Shedden saying back in the day that if anyone even touches Handy, Jackson, Deporque, etc.....that they would have to face our tough guys...plain and simple. What does that do?? It opens more room for those guys and it makes others think twice about taking a run at them (whether it's clean or dirty). Do you guys think Sawyer or Lizon would have done that with 13 minutes to go if we were only up a goal....or the game was even remotely in reach for Texas? Heck no! I love what they did, Hand had hit Robinson a couple times....clean, questionable, dirty....whatever you want to call it and when our guys went after Hand he would have nothing to do with it so when the game was in hand our guys took it into their own hands to deal with it. I am perfectly fine with that, it goes along with our intimidating style of play which is both effective and fun to watch.

OUT

GDOGG

Go Like the Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page today to keep up with breaking news and to have a chance to win free stuff! Official Wichita Thunder Facebook Page, go to page and "click" like

+Quote Post
deadbolt
post Apr 16 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #72

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 343

For those of you who remember Wildfong as a player it should be no surprise that he gives the red light to his team as far a fighting. Wildfong would go and take runs at all of our skilled players and then refuse to drop the gloves. Instead he wanted to draw penalties. I imagine that Hand did exactly what wildfong wanted and they got a 5 min powerplay out of it. Some of Hand's hits last night were questionable but I don't think over the line. Reguardless we have protect our top forwards.

+Quote Post
rednuhtog
post Apr 16 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #73

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (Gdogg6 @ Apr 16 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Who said the Thunder are looking for payback??? Payback for what?? Whether Hand's hit was dirty (I don't feel it was blatant) or whether it was a textbook hip check, or a clean open ice hit, the fact of the matter is it was on Robinson, one of our star players. I remember Doug Shedden saying back in the day that if anyone even touches Handy, Jackson, Deporque, etc.....that they would have to face our tough guys...plain and simple. What does that do?? It opens more room for those guys and it makes others think twice about taking a run at them (whether it's clean or dirty). Do you guys think Sawyer or Lizon would have done that with 13 minutes to go if we were only up a goal....or the game was even remotely in reach for Texas? Heck no! I love what they did, Hand had hit Robinson a couple times....clean, questionable, dirty....whatever you want to call it and when our guys went after Hand he would have nothing to do with it so when the game was in hand our guys took it into their own hands to deal with it. I am perfectly fine with that, it goes along with our intimidating style of play which is both effective and fun to watch.

OUT

GDOGG

QUOTE (deadbolt @ Apr 16 2012, 11:01 PM) *
For those of you who remember Wildfong as a player it should be no surprise that he gives the red light to his team as far a fighting. Wildfong would go and take runs at all of our skilled players and then refuse to drop the gloves. Instead he wanted to draw penalties. I imagine that Hand did exactly what wildfong wanted and they got a 5 min powerplay out of it. Some of Hand's hits last night were questionable but I don't think over the line. Reguardless we have protect our top forwards.

I agree 100% with both of these posts and they are exactly what I've been saying the whole time. Fonger and Mac have completely differing ideas of how the "code" of hockey should be enforced and I never said anything about looking for payback, but you can bet that Mac doesn't feel like anything is settled. How is this situation any different from early in the season when Missouri tried the same thing and everyone was screaming for heads to roll? Because Hand used to play here? Because his dad feels the need to justify everything he did? Because we're not obsessed with Texas like some of you are with Missouri? There's no difference, you put a hard hit on a skill player, whether it's dirty or not (and there was more than one in this case) don't expect to be able to just skate off free to do it again, especially not against a Mac coached team. In the Missouri case, Wakita came into our building the next game, stood in against Lizon twice and things where square. Again, I'm not saying we should be focusing on payback or intend to injure anyone, but as Wichita has already been the team laying the bigger hits already, if someone from Texas doesn't man up there's the potential for this to spiral into something none of us want.

P.S. before anyone (cough, cough Mr. H) tries to say "Well Wichita is hitting skill players too" I guarantee you a vast majority of the Wichita players will gladly throw down if Texas feels the need to enforce.

+Quote Post
KetchTime
post Apr 17 2012, 01:34 AM
Post #74

Veteran

Member No.: 4,651
Easy, but not sleazy.

Guggen8erger.

(no, he didn't allow all 8 goals, but still)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 09:15 PM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com