Reply to this topicStart new topic
> APR 30th to MAy 3rd - Svr Wxr
Icelane
post Apr 26 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #1

Season Ticket Holder

Group: Members
Member No.: 201
In a severe lightning storm, you wanna grab your ankles and stick your butt in the air.

Due to recent changes, I won't be able to post weather updates as often as I used to. Some of you might be happy to hear that! zacepi.gif

Nonetheless, I just wanted to give everyone a head's up for this up-coming week. It could be a two or three day event with severe weather, possibly starting on Wed. and stretching through Saturday. I'm not going to go into details as to WHAT type or how severe the weather will be.... Let's just say I've been notified to be ready to go.

The sad thing? Greensburg is honoring the one-year anniversary of last year's EF5 tornado, and celebrating the rebirth of the City with "Fall Festival" type of activities. I just hope Mother Nature cooperates and doesn't screw their activities up.

If you are interested in the Greensburg Event, I have included a link below. And yes, as of right now, I will be there for it.

I'll try to update this thread as we get closer to the possible weather event this up-coming week.

http://www.greensburgks.org/news/may-4th-w...-events-updates

"`The Suck Zone`. It`s the point basically when the twister... sucks you up."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Icelane
post Apr 28 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #2

Season Ticket Holder

In a severe lightning storm, you wanna grab your ankles and stick your butt in the air.

4/28 Update: Looks like Thursday may be the day, and it will probably affect the Eastern 3rd of Kansas and Oklahoma. Still too far out to be precise. zacepi.gif zacepi.gif

+Quote Post
Icelane
post May 1 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #3

Season Ticket Holder

UPDATE: Things are still a bit up in the air because a few things have to come together for severe weather to develop. It will happen, it's just a matter of when and where.

Right now, it looks like a line from Wichita to Salina and points East. Topeka and KC are under a Moderate Risk.

Will have a better idea after 11:00, and I will post something if I have enough time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:16 PM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com