> ThunderChat Help, no java?
Cl8nKamisMmy
post Oct 13 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Season Ticket Holder/ Booster Club Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,092
Mood: Don't test my mood and we'll get along nicely

I need some help with getting into the ThunderChat.

When I click on the link to go to the chat it begins to bring up the room but then a gray box pops up that says,
"The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded"

What do I do to fix this?

If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

Everything in life I need to know, I learned from HOCKEY.
**Go to where the puck is going, not where it has been. **Keep the highs low and the lows high. **Deep down, everyone wants to ride the Zamboni. **Keep your head up. **Remember the kids. **The term 'puck bunnies' has nothing to do with rabbits. **You can use hockey tape to fix just about everything. **A closet should be organized as follows: HOME and AWAY. **Goaltenders do it with their glove hand. **Everybody loves a fight. **Follow the code. **Listen to the people who were there. **Ignore the twits upstairs who get in for free. **Take the man, not the puck. **Blocking shots hurts right now, but losing lasts forever. **There are no ties.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guardian
post Oct 13 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Winning is Thundamental

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

First off, that kid in your avatar cracks me up!

Ok, there are a few things you can do.

You can make sure your browser settings allow javascript and java applets, and that your security settings aren't so high they could be the problem.

This next step is one everyone should do often. Clean out your java cache. Trojans and the like love to hide there. Many trojans cause freaky problems, especially problems related to internet access. It's just a good idea. It is possible to clear up problems anti-virus programs overlook simply by keeping that cache clean. There is nothing in there you need to have, so it's safe to clean it out.
If you can't find your java applet in your control panel, use a free program called ATF Cleaner:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=a...mp;aq=f&oq=

This is a single executable so there's nothing to install. Just toss it on your desktop.

And then of course there is updating your java. You can do it through your java applet or go to Sun and download the latest copy for your OS, easily accessed via our java detect page.
http://talkwichita.com/chat/javadetect.html

+Quote Post
Guardian
post Oct 13 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Winning is Thundamental

Here is also some interesting chatter with solutions on the sun board.
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6211536

+Quote Post
Cl8nKamisMmy
post Oct 13 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #4

Season Ticket Holder/ Booster Club Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,092
Mood: Don't test my mood and we'll get along nicely

hehe Thanks... that's my daughter. smile.gif

And I guess I'm going to need a step-by-step of how to find the java cache because I've searched and don't know where else to look.

I keep trying the chat just to see if it would let me in and now it brings up the yellow bar with something about Active-X. So I click and tell it to install it... then it has an error message that says... "Java Plug In fatal error- Several java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error."
Then I click "Ok"
THEN.... another box pops up and it says "Internet Explorer Security Warning" "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher" "Name: applet/ Publisher: Unknown Publisher"

HUH?!?!?!

I'm just trying to get this all ironed out before the season and it's really frustrating for me because I only know the basics of using a computer.... I don't know how to keep it running properly... that's my husband's job.

If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

Everything in life I need to know, I learned from HOCKEY.
**Go to where the puck is going, not where it has been. **Keep the highs low and the lows high. **Deep down, everyone wants to ride the Zamboni. **Keep your head up. **Remember the kids. **The term 'puck bunnies' has nothing to do with rabbits. **You can use hockey tape to fix just about everything. **A closet should be organized as follows: HOME and AWAY. **Goaltenders do it with their glove hand. **Everybody loves a fight. **Follow the code. **Listen to the people who were there. **Ignore the twits upstairs who get in for free. **Take the man, not the puck. **Blocking shots hurts right now, but losing lasts forever. **There are no ties.

+Quote Post
Guardian
post Oct 14 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Winning is Thundamental

Try uninstalling all the java installs in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS(control panel)

And then doing a fresh install from the Sun Java site:
http://jdl.sun.com/webapps/getjava/Browser...st=www.java.com

+Quote Post
Guardian
post Oct 14 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #6

Winning is Thundamental

Here's an article from the Parachat (ThunderChat uses Parachat) site about your problem.

http://support.parachat.com/kb/article/000135

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 11:37 PM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com