Powered by Thunder Fans!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> About

This forum is a misc. forum, for topics that don't specifically belong in the other forums.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home value for our dollar
jmalt42
post Feb 25 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #1

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,748
Mood: Trying to remain positive

I did some looking into how much value we are getting for our money spent on our season tickets. I bought 3 season tickets for $1248. At this point, that comes out to $416 per home win seen, and $29.71 per home goal scored. I personally dont feel like we are getting much bang for our buck. thumbsdown.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hockeyfan101
post Feb 25 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #2

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,617

QUOTE (jmalt42 @ Feb 25 2010, 11:02 AM) *
I did some looking into how much value we are getting for our money spent on our season tickets. I bought 3 season tickets for $1248. At this point, that comes out to $416 per home win seen, and $29.71 per home goal scored. I personally dont feel like we are getting much bang for our buck. thumbsdown.gif

wow thats pretty funny

+Quote Post
Keyzersoze
post Feb 25 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #3

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 3,712

QUOTE (jmalt42 @ Feb 25 2010, 11:02 AM) *

I can see where that could be frustrating. However I believe the idea of a ticket is for entertainment value. Though it is more entertaining when your team wins, you pay for the hockey game and experience.

Seriousness asside.. why did you not include the fights in your figures? Or the amount of minutes Mac spends in the box for a non entertaining hit? :-)

+Quote Post
jmalt42
post Feb 25 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #4

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 2,748
Mood: Trying to remain positive

QUOTE (Keyzersoze @ Feb 25 2010, 11:16 AM) *
I can see where that could be frustrating. However I believe the idea of a ticket is for entertainment value. Though it is more entertaining when your team wins, you pay for the hockey game and experience.

Seriousness asside.. why did you not include the fights in your figures? Or the amount of minutes Mac spends in the box for a non entertaining hit? :-)

I absolutely agree we are not buying wins....but my point is there really has'nt been much entertainment value. Very few goals to cheer for. Most games are out of reach by the 3rd period. Most fights are a joke....except Keserich. Mac, we hoped would come in and own the ice and everybody on it. That has not even been close to the case, ever. So, I feel that the "hockey games and expierence" have'nt amounted to much for our money.

+Quote Post
gametime
post Feb 25 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 2,632

QUOTE (jmalt42 @ Feb 25 2010, 11:44 AM) *
I absolutely agree we are not buying wins....but my point is there really has'nt been much entertainment value. Very few goals to cheer for. Most games are out of reach by the 3rd period. Most fights are a joke....except Keserich. Mac, we hoped would come in and own the ice and everybody on it. That has not even been close to the case, ever. So, I feel that the "hockey games and expierence" have'nt amounted to much for our money.

not too mention the season ticket holders have to look at 6,000 other people watching the same scenario who got in FOR FREE OFF A DANG VOUCHER or discounted ticket 1/2 the time!

+Quote Post
deadbolt
post Feb 25 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #6

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 343

QUOTE (gametime @ Feb 25 2010, 01:03 PM) *
not too mention the season ticket holders have to look at 6,000 other people watching the same scenario who got in FOR FREE OFF A DANG VOUCHER or discounted ticket 1/2 the time!

That is why even though I have been going to almost every home game since 92, never was a season ticket holder. I have never been able to make it to every single home game every year. Almost every game there is some kind of discont available. For me it makes more since not to have season tickets. Also if I don't have season tickets, if there is a night where I work and can't make it out to the game, I don't feel like I have wasted anything.

+Quote Post
Keyzersoze
post Feb 25 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #7

Season Ticket Holder

QUOTE (gametime @ Feb 25 2010, 12:03 PM) *

Remember the sponsers pay for those free vouchers, not the organization. I understand your point about the entertainment value. Hard to argue you against it. On a related note, Guay got in for 1 shift and got some good shots in last night in his scuffle.

+Quote Post
Intrust Bank Are...
post Feb 25 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #8

Hockey Fanatic

Member No.: 3,714
Mood: Happy Happy Joy Joy
I enjoy watching hockey at Intrust Bank Arena!

did anyone think it was funny when Tulsa's goalie caught the puck then tossed it in the air and kicked it?!?!?!??! applause2.gif breakdance.gif

also, I thought the drunk teenage/early 20s fans that were beating on the visitor's glass and got kicked out were hilarious! That was the best entertainment I saw all night!

The Thunder are just a horrible team. Even when it looks like they have a chance for a fast break, they bobble the puck and the defense catches up lol.

We had one chance right in front of the net with no defenders and whoever shot didn't even put it on goal, he missed wide right lol!

+Quote Post
Keyzersoze
post Feb 25 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #9

Season Ticket Holder

QUOTE (Intrust Bank Arena Fan @ Feb 25 2010, 01:18 PM) *
did anyone think it was funny when Tulsa's goalie caught the puck then tossed it in the air and kicked it?!?!?!??! applause2.gif breakdance.gif

also, I thought the drunk teenage/early 20s fans that were beating on the visitor's glass and got kicked out were hilarious! That was the best entertainment I saw all night!

The Thunder are just a horrible team. Even when it looks like they have a chance for a fast break, they bobble the puck and the defense catches up lol.

We had one chance right in front of the net with no defenders and whoever shot didn't even put it on goal, he missed wide right lol!

There were serveral "fans" at key moments... Campbell fake left and went back hand to an open net and fanned...

They seemed to play well in spurts. They had about 5 minutes each period in which it appeared they gave it their all. Then it was like "ok that is all we have and it did not work."

+Quote Post
gametime
post Feb 25 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #10

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (Keyzersoze @ Feb 25 2010, 12:14 PM) *
Remember the sponsers pay for those free vouchers, not the organization. I understand your point about the entertainment value. Hard to argue you against it. On a related note, Guay got in for 1 shift and got some good shots in last night in his scuffle.

Sure the sponsors pay for the vouchers....but its a double edge sword for the organization as it would make it very hard for them to sell season tickets when people realize "hey why buy season tickets when I can get in to most of the games for 1/2 price or free anyway!"

And another thing I have a problem with is the fact that on a normal night when the upper bowl is completely curtained off, you walk up to the ticket window and there are (4) different ticket prices. A person said Ill take the cheapest price ticket and the gal at the window replied we arent selling those...so in essence you are forced to pay a higher price just to get in the game because they dont open the top bowl. Almost like false advertising if you ask me, not too mention basically forcing you to pay more than actually have to based on the ticket prices to get in.

+Quote Post
Keyzersoze
post Feb 25 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #11

Season Ticket Holder

QUOTE (gametime @ Feb 25 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Sure the sponsors pay for the vouchers....but its a double edge sword for the organization as it would make it very hard for them to sell season tickets when people realize "hey why buy season tickets when I can get in to most of the games for 1/2 price or free anyway!"

And another thing I have a problem with is the fact that on a normal night when the upper bowl is completely curtained off, you walk up to the ticket window and there are (4) different ticket prices. A person said Ill take the cheapest price ticket and the gal at the window replied we arent selling those...so in essence you are forced to pay a higher price just to get in the game because they dont open the top bowl. Almost like false advertising if you ask me, not too mention basically forcing you to pay more than actually have to based on the ticket prices to get in.

Valid points. I believe these voucher nights fall on weekday nights only.. ie Wed. We all know attendence is lower then on the weekends. It is a business and decisions have to be made. The way I look at it... it is totally understandable if you do not get season tickets.. pay for the weekend games and get your free nose bleed tickets for those few Wed games. Not a bad move.. just not one I would do.

+Quote Post
gametime
post Feb 25 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #12

Seasoned Ticket Holder

QUOTE (Keyzersoze @ Feb 25 2010, 04:44 PM) *
Valid points. I believe these voucher nights fall on weekday nights only.. ie Wed. We all know attendence is lower then on the weekends. It is a business and decisions have to be made. The way I look at it... it is totally understandable if you do not get season tickets.. pay for the weekend games and get your free nose bleed tickets for those few Wed games. Not a bad move.. just not one I would do.

True they are on weeknights and totally understand a business decision. But take into consideration, yes the sponsors pay for the vouchers....+1 thunder org...so you get and extra 3-4k people to a wed. night game and they all buy alot of the overpriced concessions which the thunder org now get a % of....+2 thunder org.....all while the season ticket holder is disgruntled.

I have had season tix for13 years now....I like to know Ill have my seat but economically speaking I just think....what an idiot.

+Quote Post
Brian-27
post Feb 25 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #13

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 396

QUOTE (gametime @ Feb 25 2010, 06:09 PM) *
True they are on weeknights and totally understand a business decision. But take into consideration, yes the sponsors pay for the vouchers....+1 thunder org...so you get and extra 3-4k people to a wed. night game and they all buy alot of the overpriced concessions which the thunder org now get a % of....+2 thunder org.....all while the season ticket holder is disgruntled.

I have had season tix for13 years now....I like to know Ill have my seat but economically speaking I just think....what an idiot.

I don't care if they give every upper bowl seat away every night. Just don't let those guys upgrade right behind the rest of the season ticket holders so they can spew the filthy languge all night long with all our kids around. I asked a few more than once to watch their language since kids were around and the more liquored up they got the worse it got all night. I also like knowing where my seat is and the fact that the majority of the time i know who is going to be sitting in them. Most season ticket holders are respectful of the others around them, the 20 something college kids generally don't care.

+Quote Post
Intrust Bank Are...
post Feb 26 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #14

Hockey Fanatic

QUOTE (Brian-27 @ Feb 25 2010, 05:35 PM) *
I don't care if they give every upper bowl seat away every night. Just don't let those guys upgrade right behind the rest of the season ticket holders so they can spew the filthy languge all night long with all our kids around. I asked a few more than once to watch their language since kids were around and the more liquored up they got the worse it got all night. I also like knowing where my seat is and the fact that the majority of the time i know who is going to be sitting in them. Most season ticket holders are respectful of the others around them, the 20 something college kids generally don't care.

When you pay for your season tickets, you get the seat you pay for. Beyond that, shush up. If I want to upgrade, I don't give a damn if you have a problem with it. You do not have any say beyond the seat that you paid for.

I wish they would force season ticket holders to have to sit in the upper bowl so that those that got free tickets can get up close. How does that sound? lol. No, not really. None of my business.

+Quote Post
ThunderFlyGuy
post Feb 26 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #15

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,010
Mood: Let's Go Thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Intrust Bank Arena Fan @ Feb 26 2010, 10:11 AM) *
When you pay for your season tickets, you get the seat you pay for. Beyond that, shush up. If I want to upgrade, I don't give a damn if you have a problem with it. You do not have any say beyond the seat that you paid for.

I wish they would force season ticket holders to have to sit in the upper bowl so that those that got free tickets can get up close. How does that sound? lol. No, not really. None of my business.

I'm sorry, but I'm with Brian on this one. There's absolutely no reason people can't keep their mouths in check around kids. One or twice is fine but if it's all night then something really should be done about it.

+Quote Post
Intrust Bank Are...
post Feb 26 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #16

Hockey Fanatic

I agree to an extent that everyone should be respectful, 100%.

Where I do not agree is his say in Intrust Bank and the Thunder organization offering tickets at discount price. That is none of his business, as a season-ticket holder.

But, yes, the ushers should take care of any problems regarding foul language being used by fans. There should be an atmosphere to where kids can watch the game without hearing that garbage.

+Quote Post
Brian-27
post Feb 26 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #17

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 396

QUOTE (Intrust Bank Arena Fan @ Feb 26 2010, 11:11 AM) *

So you were one of the foul mouthed drunken idiots in 117? If so you proved that everyone has a right to make a complete fool of themselves in public.

As far as shushing up i'm all for having a good time, except when it becomes offensive to those arround them. I could care less about the lame smack they were trying to talk to Tulsa, but when the f-bomb starts to get dropped around kids I have a problem with that. Having respect for those around you is part of the deal when attending any event.

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Feb 26 2010, 12:25 PM
Post #18

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,037

Plus they announce before the game that obscene language is not tolerated and can be cause for being kicked out of the arena.

GO THUNDER!!!

"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you will come out of one hundred battles with one hundred victories." Sun Tzu - Art of War

"What's all the Hubbub - Bub?" - Droopy

+Quote Post
Keyzersoze
post Feb 26 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #19

Season Ticket Holder

QUOTE (ThunderClap @ Feb 26 2010, 12:25 PM) *
Plus they announce before the game that obscene language is not tolerated and can be cause for being kicked out of the arena.

They also post speed limit signs on the streets...

+Quote Post
Intrust Bank Are...
post Feb 26 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #20

Hockey Fanatic

Good point. When you charge $7 a beer, then put out a performance like the Thunder put out, what do you expect?

+Quote Post
dabuddha
post Feb 26 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #21

Buddha

Member No.: 3,114
Mood: Loving

The true value of a season ticket holder, doesn't hold for a situation where our team sucks. The real value comes in play, when your team is performing and you have your seat for the season. The discounted tickets would not be out there as much, if Thunder was playing well and selling seats at full price. Of course the risk and reward is about like betting in the stock market.

+Quote Post
ThunderClap
post Feb 27 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #22

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 1,037

QUOTE (Keyzersoze @ Feb 26 2010, 12:29 PM) *
They also post speed limit signs on the streets...

And if you are caught, you get a warning or a ticket. My point is, people have been informed. smile.gif

GO THUNDER!!!

"If you know both yourself and your enemy, you will come out of one hundred battles with one hundred victories." Sun Tzu - Art of War

"What's all the Hubbub - Bub?" - Droopy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 04:08 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com