post Sep 2 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #1

All Star Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

09/02/2010
Eagles Trade for Veteran Rycroft

Forward To Help Fill Spot Left by McGrane

WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles announced today that they have acquired forward Daymen Rycroft from the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees in exchange for defenseman Felipe Larranaga, future considerations and the CHL rights of veteran defenseman Jim Jackson (currently signed to play in Asia's "High1" league for the upcoming season).

"We're thrilled to be bringing Daymen Rycroft to Colorado ," said Eagles head coach, president and general manager, Chris Stewart . "We feel that he possesses a high-end skill set as well as the added bonus of playing with a gritty edge; he's a very complete player. He should help fill a large hole that was created with Ed McGrane's decision to play in Sweden this season."

Rycroft, a veteran of 352 professional games, should be a familiar name to Eagles' fans from his two seasons with the now-defunct Rocky Mountain Rage. The 5-foot-11-inch, 180-pound forward has also spent three seasons -- including his rookie campaign -- with the Killer Bees and one with the ECHL's Charlotte Checkers. In his six seasons as a pro, he's amassed nearly a point per game (332 points in 352 games) through well-rounded offensive production (165 goals to 167 assists).

The Beaverlodge, Alberta native has experienced great success while playing in the Centennial State . As a member of the then-rival Rage in 2007-08, Rycroft had a career year, registering 48 goals and 36 assists for 84 points (all career highs) while also leading the CHL in goals and power-play goals (23). He was Rocky Mountain 's highest scorer in the season series against the Eagles that year, posting 19 points (11-8-19) -- including two game-winning goals -- in a dozen contests. The following season, he was Rocky Mountain 's lone member in the CHL All-Star Game played at the Budweiser Events Center (he also played in the 2006 CHL All-Star Game).

Larranaga & Jackson spent just last season with the Eagles, each playing in 58 games. The former registered 20 points (4-16-20) to go along with a +22 plus/minus rating, while the latter was the team's second-leading scorer among defensemen with 44 points (14-30-44) and a +29. Overall, Jackson 's numbers closely mirrored those of defenseman Kyle Peto, whom the Eagles signed earlier this summer.

The acquisition brings the number of players under contract with the team for their upcoming camp to 15 (listed below).

The puck drops on the 2010-11 season on Saturday, Oct. 9 when the Eagles take on the Odessa Jackalopes in a preseason game at the Budweiser Events Center ; the regular season begins on Friday, Oct. 15. Tickets for all Eagles home games will go on sale Saturday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased by visiting the BEC Box Office, calling 1-877-544-TIXX (8499) or online at www.ComcastTix.com.

Eagles Signings To-Date
Tim Boron (G)
George Bradley (D)
David Brown (D)
Braden Desmet (F)
A.J. Hau (F)
Chris Hau (D)
Steve Haddon (F)
Adam Hogg (F)
Kyle Jones (G)
Andrew Loewen (G)
Brad MacMillan (F)
Kyle Peto (D)
Daymen Rycroft (F)
Kevin Ulanski (F)
Lee Zalasky (F)

http://www.coloradoeagles.com/news.php?nid=709
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deadbolt
post Sep 2 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #2

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 343

I guess that eliminates rycroft as a possibility for our last veteran spot.

+Quote Post
CALESTER
post Sep 2 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #3

Hockey Fanatic

Member No.: 3,579
Mood: Mellow

Joe Blaznek really wants to play here, so announce it already.

+Quote Post
Hrududu
post Sep 2 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #4

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 232
Mood: Intrust Bank Arena sucks the life out of Thunder games.
You'll usually find me in mid 127 armed with a cowbell.

QUOTE (CALESTER @ Sep 2 2010, 09:58 PM) *
Joe Blaznek really wants to play here, so announce it already.

Really? He's been doing great down south with Clayton & the MudBugs.

Thunder fan since 92. Penguin fan since.... forever.

"And ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!!"

+Quote Post
2forDIVING
post Sep 3 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #5

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 361
Taco Bell Rules!!!! So does CRAZY MIKE!!

Willing to bet that Blaznek has signed in Bossier already!!!!!!

What a season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
deadbolt
post Sep 4 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #6

Bandwidth Hawg

Member No.: 343

Speaking of veterans, anybody else notice that Tulsa has signed 0 veterans so far. Are they going for a youth movement or just not laying their crads on the table yet? It would be interesting to know what they are up to since we play them like 12 times this year.

+Quote Post
puck
post Sep 4 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #7

All Star Member

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (deadbolt @ Sep 5 2010, 12:06 AM) *
Speaking of veterans, anybody else notice that Tulsa has signed 0 veterans so far. Are they going for a youth movement or just not laying their crads on the table yet? It would be interesting to know what they are up to since we play them like 12 times this year.

I would guess they have some signed just not released yet. Or they think the Avs will send them the 5 vets they need.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 12:41 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com