Powered by Thunder Fans!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> About

This forum is a misc. forum, for topics that don't specifically belong in the other forums.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HANDICAP PARKING !
CENTERICESTEVE
post Oct 14 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Bandwidth Hawg

Group: Members
Member No.: 722
AKA "THE VOICE " LETS GO THUNDER ! HE SHOOTS , HE SCORES !

http://www.kansas.com/2010/10/14/1542539/i...andicapped.html applause2.gif applause2.gif applause2.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HockeyBuddha
post Oct 14 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #2

All Star Member

Member No.: 3,665

QUOTE (CENTERICESTEVE @ Oct 14 2010, 07:35 PM) *

Congrats CIS, I remember this was a problem for you last season. Glad they were able to better accommodate our handicapped fans!

+Quote Post
Thunderwarning
post Oct 14 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #3

Seasoned Ticket Holder

Member No.: 104

These will be "temporary" handicapped spots and therefore will not have the wheelchair area in between each one, just regular sized parking spots.
Next time you see Zippy, thank him for all the work he did to make this happen. (Also ask him about playing tennis with a momma bear in Colorado, really scary, yet really funny.)
Good job, Nick!!!

HONOR BACK! Support our Military Members and our Veterans

The Fact That Jellyfish Have Survived For 650 Million Years Despite Not Having Brains Is Great News For Stupid People

+Quote Post
truefan
post Oct 15 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #4

Season Ticket Holder

Member No.: 157

Be ready to open your wallet. I was told that all that great parking they just opened up is marked as premium parking. It also comes with a premium price tag. Even the few slots outside doors a and b they are charging to park there as well. That's only $4.00 for them. But the others I herd anywhere from 8 to 15 for the new slots.

+Quote Post
CENTERICESTEVE
post Oct 15 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Bandwidth Hawg

Thank you Zippy ! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
CENTERICESTEVE
post Oct 17 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #6

Bandwidth Hawg

Just FYI because I give up . The new arena staff know nothing about customer service and how to treat people with curticy . Because of previous years opening night crowd I & many others arrived at last nights game early at 4PM in hopes of securing one of the HANDICAP PARKING slots in Northeast lot . Well at first to my suprise those old & added new extra HANDICAP PARKING SPACES now cost $4 dollars to use . But even though thats not what was said in the article above or even told to us by Thunder Office Staff thats ok . A small price to pay for the covience . But what ensued next was ridicleous . The Intrust arena staff had the parking spaces blocked off & when I asked to be let thru they refused telling me ICOULD NOT PARK till 5pm . Well I told them why I was there so early because at last years opener there were no spaces left at 4pm & asked if I could be allowed to park antway . But NOOOOOOOOOO the rigids little Nazi parking lot & attendant & his supervisor who was now on scene told me reason I could'nt park yet was they WERE'NT READY TO COLLECT MY $4 . So silly me I tried to reason teling them I would park in space right next to where the attendant was standing and when ever he was ready to collect my $4 I would IMEDIATLLY HAND IT TO HIM ! But noooooooooooooooooooo I was told to leave the premise till 5 PM . Well I left & parked on the street . But when it was time to finally enter the arena I was told by neumerous others with the handicapped parking permits after I was RUN OFF that they did start letting other HANDICAPPED FANS start parking in those sacred spaces at 4:30 not 5PM !!!! GO FIGURE . I believe it would be easier to get a MOSQUE BUILT then to be allowed to PARK in HANDICAPPED SPACES at the INTRUST ARENA ! Other rude conduct & problems people encountered last night was the demading to see HANDICAPPED PEOPLE LAMINATED CARD we all carry issued by DMV besides our placards & lisence plates on our vechiles plus people entering on North side were witness to Ushers incompetantly handling of a wheel chair bound fan whos wheel chair would'nt fit thru the arena doors . It was obvious to most that the center post between the doors is removable for such instances but the ill trained ushers had'nt a clue . It was heart breaking to see this poor gentlemen have to get out of his chair to walk thru the doors while his folded wheel chair was pulled thru .Yes the new arena is pretty but personally I have never experienced all rudness & pathetic treatment I have seen in short time at INTRUST then I did in thirty years going to Colisium where I never ever had any trouble . ON A POSITIVE NOTE , WE DO HAVE CUP HOLDERS & A MUCH MORE STRURDY HANDRAIL by handicap seatting inside the arena & they did'nt charge us anything extra for them ! sarcasm.gif

+Quote Post
ZIPPY
post Oct 17 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #7

Veteran

Member No.: 625

CIS,
While I can't comment on the majority of things you experienced last night, there are a few things I would like to comment on.

First, I know last year they had problems with people parking, or even dropping cars off and leaving, extremely early last year. Thus why they probably made the rule of no parking until after 5. As to why they told you that and then allowed others to park earlier, I have no idea, it doesn't make any sense.

As for asking for your Disabled Identification Card, please consider that a good, very good, thing. This keeps people from abusing the disabled parking--by borrowing a family members, using a deceased persons(yes people really do this), or a number of other ways--that we have all worked to increase. I realize it may be a small inconvenience to be asked for, but it really is for the best for everyone. Now if you were rudely asked etc, that's different.

Finally, yes cupholders, better railings, and the numbering of disabled seats were added this offseason.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:42 AM
talkwichita.com-Google pagerank and Worth  Rating for talkwichita.com